DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In these times of high fuel cost 20 bucks does not get you as far as it used too... heck it cost me over 50.00 to fill up now days... so I thought I would offer a challenge to ALL the Dodge Talk Members.

Post your picture of your best DTE on your overhead. This will give a better idea of what kind of fuel economy most of us are getting in our trucks... It’s impossible to fudge the DTE and it will project the AVERAGE MPG you will get.

To spice things up and to encourage you guys to get better fuel economy I will send a FREE =JET=STREAM=> scoop to the FIRST person who post a PICTURE of a BETTER DTE than the one I have posted you will win a FREE =JET=STREAM=> Scoop at no cost.

July 1st is the end off this offer... and it will take 2-3 tank- fulls to get it up. BUT you must have a standard gas tank... no 34 Gallon tanks... and be a GAS engine....and must be a 3.7L, 4.7L, 5.7L or 5.9L....

Here is my BEST DTE, I had all the mods in my sig and it was an average of 456DTE.... I would like to see who has the BEST DTE.

For a picture of the JET STREAM SCOOP feel free to visit our site at:

www.AIRRAM.com

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
HA, i never break like 275.

I wish you could count the 0 dte I was riding on for three days prior to today :thatfunny

You know a diesel with the 34 gallon tank is gonna win right???

And good luck too all, I sure ain't gonna win. BTW - nice idea Air-Ram!!! :rck:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
KIP311 said:
You know a diesel with the 34 gallon tank is gonna win right???
Uhhhh

AIR_RAM said:
BUT you must have a standard gas tank... no 34 Gallon tanks... and be a GAS engine....
And too bad I don't have an OHC. :(

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Thats going to be hard to beat. Hey AirRam I had a quick question. I want to place the order on a new cai, the scoop and the power wire. How am i able to do that on ur website. For example. I will get the Great buy which comes with cai and scoop. Do you have an option were i can buy the power wire by itself? Please let me know asap. Sorry for getting of subject.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL.... I added that after he pointed that out.... a change to the change..... The JET STREAM will NOT fit the CTD anyways due to the intercooler mounted in front of the radiator...

dodgerulez04 said:
Thats going to be hard to beat. Hey AirRam I had a quick question. I want to place the order on a new cai, the scoop and the power wire. How am i able to do that on ur website. For example. I will get the Great buy which comes with cai and scoop. Do you have an option were i can buy the power wire by itself? Please let me know asap. Sorry for getting of subject.
The best way to get the lowest possible price is to get the =AIR=RAM=> & =JET=STREAM=> COMBO and then add the Dodge POWER WIRE seperate.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
It's ok... I would have won it and done with it as I please. :)

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
It's ok... I would have won it and done with it as I please. :)
Just for fun.... could you post your DTE for us... I would like to see it.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
On which? The Strat or the CTD?

·
Praise the Lowered
277 Posts
Here's mine entry. Send winnings now please! This thread ought to be entertaining as it is just "looking for trouble". Photochoppers unite!

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yea, PhotoChoppers and people who like to reset the computer...

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
that's a good deal nick, thanks for that, but I don't have an overhead computer

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bubba_Hemi said:
Yea, PhotoChoppers and people who like to reset the computer...

The only way to reset it to "0" is to run it out of gas! :D

You can NOT reset the DTE... there is no option to do so... Its not like the MPG reading where you can reset it... the DTE will only change when your driving style changes.... You want to make sure you take the picture after filling up as this is when it will be at its highest mark.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Shark Hunter
6,398 Posts
No fair!!!
I already bought my dustpan, seems to work great, and have no overhead read out, so I guess I lucked out 2x. Nothing new.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Mine said 350-something earlier today. Too bad I have since burned a quarter of a tank and now it says 227. :YO:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
AIR_RAM said:
In these times of high fuel cost 20 bucks does not get you as far as it used too... heck it cost me over 50.00 to fill up now days... so I thought I would offer a challenge to ALL the Dodge Talk Members.

Post your picture of your best DTE on your overhead. This will give a better idea of what kind of fuel economy most of us are getting in our trucks... It’s impossible to fudge the DTE and it will project the AVERAGE MPG you will get.

To spice things up and to encourage you guys to get better fuel economy I will send a FREE =JET=STREAM=> scoop to the FIRST person who post a PICTURE of a BETTER DTE than the one I have posted you will win a FREE =JET=STREAM=> Scoop at no cost.

July 1st is the end off this offer... and it will take 2-3 tank- fulls to get it up. BUT you must have a standard gas tank... no 34 Gallon tanks... and be a GAS engine....and must be a 3.7L, 4.7L, 5.7L or 5.9L....

Here is my BEST DTE, I had all the mods in my sig and it was an average of 456DTE.... I would like to see who has the BEST DTE.

For a picture of the JET STREAM SCOOP feel free to visit our site at:

www.AIRRAM.com

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Nick, Refresh my memory on the trip meter. I forget
what the DTE stands for?? I'm 48 years old and it's
hard sometimes to remember what I had for breakfast.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
The fact that your in the flat lands of Texas is going
to make it hard to beat. Us hill country drivers will
have a hard time beating that. I think if I could burn
a whole tank at 60mph on flat ground I could get
pretty close to that number. But, Alas, That would be
in a perfect world.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
rtes said:
Distance to empty

Thanks!! So how does that translate into MPG?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nick, That electric fan of yours also improves fuel
economy. I think you feel pretty safe that your
not going to be sending out one of your Jet Stream
scoops before 7/1/05.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.