DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Torque??
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching the web i found a '94 single cab 4x4 with a 5spd which is exactly what i've been looking for. its not pretty, but thats no problem i might go check it out this weekend. but i do not know much about what to look for in these older cummins. it has 200,000 miles and theyre asking $4,750

anything i need to look for in particular in the 12 vavles? any help is appreciated.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
Not really, these trucks are very reliable for the most part. And if its just gonna be a project truck then what are you worried about?:D

·
Got Torque??
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've done a little research with the notorious 5th gear in the NV4500. and found a few fixes from just a replacement nut to a whole new shaft. the fuel plates and the starwheel mods are all new to me. also the 3k or 4k GSK mods. just wondering what everyone has and what theyre combo's are.

sounds like these trucks can be real powerhouses very easily.

·
Blowin n' Goin
3,692 Posts
O yes, these trucks are equiped with the P7100 (P-Pump) which is the mother of all injection pumps. And literally with a bench grinder and some basic tools you can crand out some amazing power if your tranny is up to the challenge. Do a search bout modifying the fuel plate. I know couple a years back there was a guy on here that really went to the extreem on this. HE ground his fuel plate flat wiith his 4" grinder, cranked his star screw all the way and let er rip.

·
Older, but no wiser.
989 Posts
These are great trucks. Check which 5 speed is in it, could be Getrag or the NV4500. The 4500 is the one that looses the 5th gear retaining nut. They either do it or they last forever. Just be sure to overfill it by a quart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.