Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5300 miles.

Speed limit 30-50 stays at 1000 rpms.
Speed limit 60-70 or 75ish barely 2000 rpms.

Idle RPM is 500-700 rpms. When I have to make a sharp turn i hear a slight noise when wheel is turned all the way to the left or right and the rpms decrease by 200.
Seems to Hum at certain speeds checked tires they are still good a cleared some snow off the tires but it is still doing the low rpm thing.
The only normal rpm is pretty much 60 mph + with the normal Overdrive kick in at 2000 rpms.

Normal Idle is ussually 800-maybe 1k rpms.
30-50ish mph is ussually 2k rpms or close to it normally.

All I do is drive it to work and home. I truly baby the truck so I have no Idea why it sounds wierd or the drop in rpms.

Any help would be apreciated. Its only 3 months old :bawl:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. WARRANTIES ARE GREAT.

Sorry about the caps

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
The RPM normally drops when you hit the stops on the power steering cause the pump is building pressure. I don't under stand what your saying about the RPM at 30-50 mph. Are you saying the rpm doesn't change?

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The RPM normally drops when you hit the stops on the power steering cause the pump is building pressure. I don't under stand what your saying about the RPM at 30-50 mph. Are you saying the rpm doesn't change?

Everything is alright now. :)

·
Ram n Ram Ram
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt use it for the rest of the night and it worked fine the next morning. RPMs worked fine.

All I did was leave the engine running for about 15-20 mins when I got home RPMS rose about 200-400 back to the ussual 600 shut if off. Next morning started it up left it runnin for a 5-10 min and it seemed to fix the problem hadnt had an issue all day. However my battery gauge went up more but its not too bad so it is still in the not worry stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.