DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been looking for a 4 door for a while now and a dealer finally called me today asking about my truck he said he would work with me and give me more than what m asking for mine as long as i bought from them im looking to trade mine in on a 2007 4 door 4.7 4x4 6 speed its a pretty sharp truck its got 75.5k on it the sticker is $18900 obviously im not gonna pay that. my only concern right now is its not a hemi and the tranny, i dont know much about the 4.7 except there not as powerful and the mpg aint much different than the hemi also anyone have any problems whit their 4.7 or the 6 speed manuals. any input will help thanks guys. Also what would you all pay for this.

here is the truck im looking at.

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
75 thousand miles? Keep looking. There is an '07 on a lot here in town for close to the same price with less than 20k on it.

·
Banned
722 Posts
walk on it

theres much better deals....thats really high miles for an 07. idk about the 4.7s.

i would hold out for sure

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
I got mine for 18k with 14k miles on it. Keep lookin.

·
Banned
722 Posts
theres at least two quad hemis with low and lowish miles here in the classifieds

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I wouldnt buy unless it was exactly what you are looking for.

·
Silver Bullet
214 Posts
Good looking truck, but the mileage and the price is high for a 2007 Ram.
If you want a Hemi, stick to your guns and find a Hemi and you will never regret your purchase if you get what you want right from the get go.

I have a 4.7 V8 Thunder Road with almost 36,000 miles and I have had no problems with it at all. My dad has a 2005 Ram 4.7 and he has had no problems with it either and he has just turned 90,000 miles.
We both maintain our trucks well and they treat us right.

If we want to go fast, we own a Corvette that we both built the motor up a lil bit and we enjoy speeding in that more than our rams.

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
I got my 08 4.7 lonestar slt for 20k brand new

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I agree there are much better deals...I work at a used car Dealership that I can't name cause of the crap I signed...lol but we don't haggle on prices if that tells ya anything...I do agree there are much better deals out there... I know mine is a year older that what your looking at but I just go my truck a week ago 2006 Ram 1500 Hemi w/ Lonestar Edition with 40k miles on for 15k out the door!

·
Daniel
645 Posts
I would keep looking. Thats alot of miles for a 07 mine only has 26K, and it also has the wrong wheels. It would have to be cheap for me to look at. They may have around 10-12grand in the truck maybe less.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I know mine is a year older that what your looking at but I just go my truck a week ago 2006 Ram 1500 Hemi w/ Lonestar Edition with 40k miles on for 15k out the door!
and probably a 2wd too......

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Dont do it!!!

Look for another truck. I found my dad a 2005 Ram, 4 door, Red with hemi and 20s, with only 30K miles for 12500 cash..

·
Previously Micash21
2,802 Posts
Thats 25K a year for mileage. NHTSA lists than average annual mileage for vehicles at 12-15K. Have you blue booked the truck yet. My 05 has 75K on it. Its an early 05 at that too. Search, it will be worth it in the end. I looked for 3 months and drove to 3 different states before I bought mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.