Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks selling my ported TB.

Bought one year ago, from Moes and still shiney and clean.
It was a (Post TSB) new unit from Dodge then sent out to BT for porting.
Ported as close to 85mm as possible (84.25 approx).
Has Knife edge. Nice Throttle response.

* Selling because when it is -20 Celcious (last week) the Truck sometimes runs like chit from these cold start-ups until warmed up so It is not recommended to anyone who lives where its real cold but as we know the 03's are individually strange and one may run better on a mod than its brother. Even downgraded my Cam and CAI set-up and no change. Works awesome in normal weather!!/down South would be good.

Fits all 03's and some 04 models that have the 03 style plug or original black body number 0516 1805 AA which is the 03/04 number. If Your 04 says 5303 2801 AC then its an 05+ model number and a No Go..

Asking $225 Firm as shipping runs about 25-30 Bucks down to the USA (I will use Canada Post/USPS with $200.00 Insurance). I had $395 into this Mod.

PM me if you are interested.
Danny

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
Bump for a good guy.
Danny I hate seeing you selling off your mods.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Its not the 03/04 problem, it's the knife edge. FastMan won't even do a knife edge anymore for this reason, he wouldn't do mine because he said the Hemi is to picky and it was causing alot of problems on numerous trucks. Throwing codes and running crappy

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
knife edge causing the problem?

if the clearance between the edge of the blade to bore is the same, the shape makes no difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the imput Guys/Greg.

No longer For Sale.

When I switched back to the stock one I noticed the area where the plate sits is not
machined so asked myself why can I not just switch plates to get rid of the knife edged one? but wasn't sure if the holes for the screws were of a close tolerance or would be misaligned requiring pulling over the holes and had no calipers with me at the time.

So will keep it for future summer use/re-modding (like a 4th Cam!) and/or try it again in the spring with knife edge removed and if I screw up the plates I'll have my R/T Magnum on the road as back-up wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.