Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so here is my issue. :help:

My truck is going into the dealer in a few weeks for exhaust valve replacement. Due to the dreadful HEMI Tick.

I have a really good friend that works for Hendrick Motorsports and is willing to port and polish my heads for $100.00. I know that is a GOOD deal. So here is the question.

If I install the 6.1L Cam with the ported heads, should I also upgrade to the injectors as well?

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
i dont think so i know airram hs ported heads on his 4.7 and didnt upgrade the injectors. O yea and your friend wanna make a new one????

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rollinstnd420 said:
i dont think so i know airram hs ported heads on his 4.7 and didnt upgrade the injectors. O yea and your friend wanna make a new one????
Where are you located at?

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
maryland but my sis lives in right outside charlotte!!!!

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rollinstnd420 said:
maryland but my sis lives in right outside charlotte!!!!

I will talk to him and see what he is willing to do. He owes me a huge favor, so that is why I am getting it done so inexpensive! :rck:

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
No you will NOT need to replace your injectors. Your 5.7L Injectors will be fine with your ported heads and 6.1L cam.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AIR_RAM said:
No you will NOT need to replace your injectors. Your 5.7L Injectors will be fine with your ported heads and 6.1L cam.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I knew you would come along soon enough!!!! Thx Nick :rck:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.