DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled these cylinder heads off a 97 5.9 motor that was in my truck with 58k miles on them. Now I am going to go with aluminum heads instead of running these on the built lower end. They have been mildly ported/polished as I did not want to thin out the chambers. My intention was clean up the castings for improved flow. Valves are stock as are the springs. They will come with all the original components (valves, springs, seals, etc.).

I am open to offers.

PM or post here with questions.

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
Whats the casting pn's?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like it says 466... does that sound correct?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
Yep. Thanks. Price? *checkin bank acct*

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am open to offers. How does $300 sound for the pair?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
$300 seems reasonable to me. However, do they need to be mag'd, seats ground and milled? BTW, the $300 price is still fair even if they need the additional work. Just curious though. Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These heads came off a perfectly running motor. When I broke the heads down I kept the valves, springs, retainers and seals in a specific order so I would know where they belong when it came time go back together (as you can see in the picture).

When they came off the motor they were in good condition. Essentially the decision is really up to you or who ever else buys them. My thought would be to have them gone through by a shop to see if they "really need" anything. Or you can reassemble them in the same way they came off and run them.

The decision is really yours. They worked great when they came off. The motor did not smoke an ounce.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.