DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Intrepid R/T, thinking about doin some port matching. Wanted to know whos done this and if so what were the power gains. So far have installed a K&N Cold Air Intake, Laser Platinum NGK Spark Plugs an SLR Motorsports Performance chip and have switched to Amsoil synthetic w/ Amsoil filter and seen very noticeable changes in power and sound. Bluntly speaking I've been smoking muthafu***s. want to do the port matching b4 I install the Borla Exhaust, just asking for some experienced commentary. Love my R/T

·
Master of Speed!!!
11 Posts
I have a 2000 Intrepid R/T, thinking about doin some port matching. Wanted to know whos done this and if so what were the power gains. So far have installed a K&N Cold Air Intake, Laser Platinum NGK Spark Plugs an SLR Motorsports Performance chip and have switched to Amsoil synthetic w/ Amsoil filter and seen very noticeable changes in power and sound. Bluntly speaking I've been smoking muthafu***s. want to do the port matching b4 I install the Borla Exhaust, just asking for some experienced commentary. Love my R/T
I have experimented with port matching on my 04, and it seems that my car gets sensitive when you start messing with the ports. The car's idle characteristics start to falter, and it idles rougher. I suppose if you port match the lower intake to the heads, and leave the intake runners alone (with the rough surface in the runners) you should be okay (in theory)

Might want to also look at a Throttle Body, and perhaps a High Stall Torque Converter, talk about waking up your car!! Yeah buddy...

Here is a list of powertrain mods that I have done/had done to my Special:

2002 Chrysler 300M Special PCM
K&N FIPK Intake (57-1522)
Cadillac Northstar Intake Elbow
Intake Spacer 2.0
0-100 Marshall Fuel Pressure Gauge
CG Racing 180 degree Drilled Thermostat
CG Racing Hi/Lo Speed Fan Switch
Crankcase Vent Filter
Edge Racing Converters “Mild Street Edge” High Stall Torque Converter (3000 rpm stall)
Modified Transmission Pan (modified to accept both a temperature sender and a drain plug)
Oil Pressure Sender Array (assembly to accept both factory, and Auto Meter senders)
Custom True Dual Exhaust With Cherry Bomb glasspacks (as resonators) with LX X-pipe, and Cherry Bomb Turbo Mufflers in the rear
CG Racing Alternator Rewire Kit
Upgraded Engine Grounds
Painted Valve Covers (Chrysler Industrial Red)
Wagner ThermoQuiet Ceramic Brake Pads - Front
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Brake Pads - Rear

If you have any questions, please lemme know!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
When I was building my 3.5L engine up I only polished the lower intake manifold. I'm too afraid to increase the port sizes since the PCM can handle so much with no aftermarket device to change the PCM settings. Damn PCI BUS....

I've only done a few things to my car, Shadowvox knows from the other forums.

ASP Racing Pulley
4 gauge ground cables
Cams from a 4.0L V6
Polished lower intake manifold
K&N Fuel Injection intake kit
NGK Platinum laser plugs
Valve cover breather filter
Mobile 1 10w30 oil
Custom 3000 high stall torque converter from FloridaTorqueConverters.com
3.89 Transfer gears
Custom exhaust system, straight pipe from the manifolds to a Flowmaster delta 40 single inlet dual outlet muffler.

Still in the works: Headers, 300m special PCM swap and stronger COP coils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.