DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am confused now. 3 weeks ago I started having P0153 code problems. Oxygen sens circuit slow response, bank2 sensor 1. It would pop this cel every 15 minutes of driving. So it is my front o2 sensor on passenger side. I replaced the sensor 2.5 weeks ago and have been fine ever since! Well today it popped again.......now i am confused!

I have the dynatech LT headers, and 3 weeks ago (coincidence i dont know) i cut off the restrictive dynatech ypipe and put on a flowmaster 2.5" in and 3 " out ypipe. Previously i had the system dumped, well same day the ypipe went on, i added a tailpipe out the back.

why is this happening? it is a new 02 sensor. i checked all the wiring that you can see and it looks fine, no fraying. and last but not least....is this serious??? it went away for 2.5 weeks after replacing the sensor, and now it is back.......i am just concerned that if the circuit is slow to respond.....i could cause damage. could this be caused by the rear o2 passing data to the front o2?

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well this morning after clearing the P0153....i went on a 30 mile drive to see if it would pop again. well it didnt, but now i got P2098. so something is going wrong on my passenger side.......

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Everything was fine on your truck up to when you had the y-pipe installed, then you started having problems...something must have happened during that install, or it's flowing SO much better that it's freaking out the computer. Also notice ALL your codes are on the passenger side, basically a straight shot back..too much flow past the O2?

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bro that is EXACTLY what i have been thinking......maybe dynatech designed the ypipe to slow it down a bit (retarded but who knows)......the flomaster definitely freed up some power......but i have been thinking since it is a straight shot now....maybe flow is too much on passenger side.....but isnt that what we want is high exhaust velocity?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
You probably could install it on that side I think the wiring would be long enough, we'll check tomorrow and see. Wait you already have the bung welded on the drivers side. I don't think the Flowmaster y-pipe is any better flowing then the Pacesetter, but maybe.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i pop those codes from time to time just clear them and keep going..dont keep buying new sensors they wont change anything...it does suck tho to see that light on

·
HEMI way or no way
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the CEL is off now.....went to dodge to get the fuel injection service and emissions service to clean out the injectors, combustion chamber, ports, etc.....runs smooth! i took it in with my superchips programming installed, and had the CEL on for p2098....got the truck back and no more cel.....they did not clear it.....anyway this afternoon no cel is on....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.