DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought these babies were gonna snap off.. his wheels where totally pigeon toed. pretty scary looking

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Gotta love the IFS on a 2500 / 3500 GM truck, ehhhhh ? :crazy:
Apparently he had no tie-rod sleeves or they failed, one or the other.

Greg

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Yep, he spent all his money on the tires/rims/lift and expected it to be a sled puller.
Now that blue ATS Duramax did an excellent job of pulling the sled down the track.

MikeyB

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah he did, but he couldn't keep up to the 3500 dodge that pulled 307'. but alot of it had to do with the previous runs, those duallys would dig into the dirt and cause ruts, and when the trucks fell into those ruts it was over for 'em. it was a poor track, but still a good time

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
yup seen that before, sure is bad that GM had too build something as weak as that, the tie rods on them trucks are about 1/2 in dia.Can't understand what they mean by HEAVY DUTY.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
"Professional Grade"

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Yeah, Dodges had a pretty good showing on the track yesterday.
One of the guys I know got his black 3rd gen 4x4 into the twelves on Saturday. Tuned it Friday evening at Diesel Innovations, layed down 610hp on the dyno.

MikeyB

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there was one truck there, look almost exactly like mine, cept he had a billet grill, black 4x4 3rd gen model.. is his the one that smoke almost covered his truck completely? that was my favorite one

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sounds like John's truck. Runs good for sure. I've had my hands in that one a few times. Last time was after the freeze plug popped out on him at HRP.

Now, if we can just get a decent launch on that thing.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Yep, that was John. Good photo on the DTR with him launching and you can see the freeze plug flying out from underneath the truck and coolant spewing everywhere!

MikeyB

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
my brotherinlaw and his dad went to the rac saturday, had a great time, does anybody know if espn was filming this?, ive seen DHRA on ESPN 2 before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.