DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone....I just installed a pair of 6x9 JL audio 3 ways in my front doors of my 2004 2500 4x4. I will be installing JL audio 5 1/4s in the back doors tommorow when they come in. My question is....the 6x9 have good mid and highs but I am very dissapointed in the bass I am getting from the speakers. I know they arent subs, but it seems I was getting better bass from the factory speakers. I am pretty sure that they are wired correctly (+/-) My question is...does anybody know which factory wires are pos/neg on a 2004 ram. I checked my electrical schematic in my book. It shows the colors of the wires but it doesnt show which is + or -. I would need the +/- for all four speakers. Assuming that i did hook them up correctly, how would dynamating the area of the speakers help them. If its not worth it....I wont do it. I am running the speakers with a new alpine headunit so I am feeding them with more power than the factory head unit.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Unfortunatly, I am at home and can't access my work website to get the color codes for you. To find the right polarity, you can get a 9 volt battery and attach it to the factory speaker. Pay attention to the postive and negative posts on the battery and attach it to the speaker. If the cone pops out of the basket, then the polarity is correct and match the side of the connector to the appropriate wire. If the cone pops down into the magnet, then the polarity is incorrect. Reverse the wires and that'll getcha the right polarity. As far as Dynamat is concerned, it is expensive to do all your doors, but what a night and day difference it will make. Your interior will be even quieter from the roadnoise as well as better seal off the doors to increase bass and mid response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.