DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thought I would let you know that Poly transfer case mounts for us old time(69-93) truck guys are now available. I have absolutley NO financial interest in this business but I did ask Johnny to design and build these aftermarket mounts for the real world. They are the donut style mounts and you can see more in the pictures at his site. They are exact replacement parts for the originals.
www.polybushings.com

· Registered
2,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly is the benefit of poly bushings?
Polyurethane is like bullet proof rubber. It does not absorb oil and flexs less under load. You could compare these to Kevlar transmission bands or Lexan plastics...which are also bullet proof.

I mean, if the rubber ones are fine, why switch? Is it just to replace rubber ones that may be old and worn out?
To replace worn out mounts or to upgrade your driveline to a more HD rubber. You might do this when using poly bushings in other areas of your rig like in the springs, etc. Also the price for these bushings is the same or cheaper than stock and it also includes the sleeve which sometimes rusts or wears out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.