What do you use your van for mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do you use your van most? Work, Camping, Commuting, Storage, Project vehicle, Daily driver etc.
--B-300--

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
What if 3 of the four are valid? :)

I have 3 vans and each one serves a diffferent purpose.

·
vanner
519 Posts
My astro is the daily driver, the dodge is the camper/show/travel van,and as my son calls it, the special day van, because he knows I dont take it out everyday.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn' t think about multiple owners, myself included. My '71 is my work van. My '78 is used for storage currently.
--B-300--

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Where is the cruisin option? My show van was used for cruisin and showin. The only thing it ever hauled was the hardware home from a show :D

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
i had to check 'em all. it's mainly a daily driver, but i also use it for Scouts (i run a Boy Scout troop; i carry gear), and as a work vehicle (home improvement projects, etc). however it is also my project vehicle, a work in progress. nothing too radical, just a slight pimpin'. ;) plans include tint, upgraded rims, sound system (already has the new deck, now it needs speakers), and some minor bolt-on goodies under the hood (tb, headers, ud pulley, roller cam/timing gears).

even with all that, after 67k miles it's still emaculate, and i plan to keep it that way. :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Well, my Ram is a daily driver, in the summer only. My '95 Voyager is my winter beater. My '92 Voyager is a parts van/shed, and my '91 Voyager trailer is just that.

·
Seating for 12
1,893 Posts
- Daily/Commuter
- Camping ;)
- 12-passenger seating for entire family. :)

·
RamVanMan
594 Posts
We drive our '96 B-2500 every other day or so. It's the only one of three vehicles we own that fits the 7 of us (the other two being an 86 Samurai & 97 Ram Truck)

It also acts as an RV on long trips, we can sleep long driving nights and economize on hotel bills. We did camp in Yosemite using it to sleep 3, the rest used a tent.

I also tow with it - does a pretty respectible job, too.

So, mutipurpose is our usage - and now that I fixed all that stuff I was discussing with you all, it's been 3 very quiet months - driving the wheels off, enjoying lower gas prices and - no breakdowns !

Thanks guys ! David B. :)

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
You can't fit 7 people in that Samurai Dave? Why the hell not!? :)

·
RamVanMan
594 Posts
Because....duh....!!

"Cause the rear seat in only 30 inches wide !!!"

This is the Samurai, not the Suzuki 15 passenger Van - that is due out next fall.

he he he

Attachments

·
'98 B2500 Ram Cargo Van
680 Posts
Yeah, you guys would look like clowns at the circus if you did manage to squeeze 7 people in that. :thatfunny

Pete

·
RamVanMan
594 Posts
van-nut said:
Yeah, you guys would look like clowns at the circus if you did manage to squeeze 7 people in that. :thatfunny

Pete
You bet. Don't you remember years ago, all those contests to see how many people you could stuff in a vw or a phone booth, etc ?

Remembering that was what made me laugh when Nate said that....or the 10 clowns in the funny toy car...actually the Zuki back seat is so small, you have to step out just to change your mind......but the fuel economy is unbeatable

DB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our '03 Regency conversion is the wife's daily driver, but also serves as a tow vehicle for a 21' travel trailer. We camp 4-6 times per year.

The 318 tows well but I'm a little disapponted with the braking. I would have thought that 4 wheel disks and 2 piston calipers on the front would stop it a little better. Yes, the trailer has working brakes, but it doesn't stop very well when we aren't towing.

Otherwise it is a great tow vehicle.

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
I would say all of the above, not so much project/restoration, but everything turns into that at some point for me.. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my 97 B2500 to haul my dirt bikes to the races. Been fixing up the inside, installing a leather interior pulled from a junkyard Chrysler LHS and installing a fancy stereo/TV/DVD for travelling. Getting it ready to head down to Florida from Canada in March.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use my '90 B250 as a pit to throw all of my extra money into. It doesn't pay much of a return, but a $100 bill sticks to it like a magnet!!

Seriously, she's a rusty old van that keeps hobbling along, somehow. I don't drive it much, but since it's just a hollow cargo van it's a great place to keep household junk until it's time for a dump run.

My wifes thinks that I have completely lost my mind but I do have plans to restore the van into something that will reflect the time, money, sweat and frustration that I've put into it in the last 4 years.

This is my second B van. The first was a '75 B100 that I bought in Vegas then sold when I moved to Ontario after I married the sweetest girl in Canada. At that time I didn't know how to get around the required Ontario safety inspection...Lesson learned!
Boy, I miss her!

It must be love.

Mike

·
LPGRamVanDriver
109 Posts
I use my of daily: to my work and back
regular: purchase construction material (I am renovating my house(not so long ago I have charged tiles: approximately 15OO kilogrammes, the car had been charged entirely ))
and camping

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.