• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I was supposed to trade my 03 in for an 06 and as soon as I saw the new 06's in January I went right to the dealer and ordered my 05.

·
Registered
78 Posts
MAYBE...

I was planning to get ram..

First Photos of the 06 that came out were bad....the truck looked baaaaad...
Then I said No way Im getting a ram and I started to think about Grand cheroke
and durango and the new jeep commander...

late photos were good ones....the truck looks nice...
Then I put the ram on the top list again...

BUT Im leaving the final judgment until I see it in person...

BUT....HELL NO im not getting out of the chrysler - dodge - jeep family...

now...
SOME ONE ANSWER ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ !!

I read here before that the 2008 will witness a redesign for the ram !!

SOME ONE TELL ME IS THAT TRUE OR NOT....

·
Registered
107 Posts
nope not me. the looks of my 04 are just manly, and yes, tough as HELL

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dodge totally screwed up the looks of the new Ram. They also totally screwed up the looks of the Dakota and the Durango. They took three of the most attractive trucks on the market and made them down-right UGLY. Even with the Charger - the earlier concept versions were fantastic. But that thing they are currently selling as a Charger is an embarassment. It is a nice car - don't get me wrong. But it should NEVER have been called a Charger.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
kenihemi said:
I have over 10K into this truck. Am I gonna sell it, no freakin way.

Amen brother! I don't think I've hit 10 yet but I'm trying hard. :rck:

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I'm pushing way too god damn much into my truck and I'd sell it in a heart beat

$2.54 a gallon is getting a little extreme, I have to drive a damn 95 grand prix with no radio :(

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Chauncy said:
I'm pushing way too god damn much into my truck and I'd sell it in a heart beat

$2.54 a gallon is getting a little extreme, I have to drive a damn 95 grand prix with no radio :(
You should've bought mine.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was planning on getting an 06+, but the loss of the manual transfer case in the 1500s and the end of the 7/70 warranty changed my mind real quick

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i was planning on it untill the employee pricing came out the trade in valuse of our truck has dropped so low and will stay that way for a while(think about what will happen in about 4 years when people that have to have the latest and greatest trade in all those "employee priced" trucks they wont get what you could have gotten on an 02 1500 just before that crap started) dont get me wrong i love my truck and i really need a quad cab instead of the reg cab (read growing family) my truck was appraised in june(before the EP) at 13000 and i bet now i would be lucky to see 10K. a 3000 drop in 2 months and i have noly added 1500 miles i dont think so. ok sorry back to the poll, i think that the front end is ugly but the redesigned suspension and frame are a good trade off, for some headlights. now isnt one of the big problems w/ the 3 gen the headlights anyway? i have herd allot of people complain about dim headlights. do you think that the new ones might have fixed this?? just a few things to think about and this is just my opinion so feel free to flame me but keep it on the topic of the thread.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I wanted an '06 but got around $8000 in discounts and rebates on the '05. The decision was easy for me.

As for the looks, I can deal with the new headlights, but it will take some getting used to.

·
2005 Power Wagon # 2550
264 Posts
Granted everyone points out "You didn't like the 02 ram look but it grew on you" Yeah, it did, the 06 look though...going to be tough. I think the headlights are just too damn big and I don't like the straight edged look the trucks are going for. To me the new front end doesn't look at home on the 02 body. If the fenders were squared off more and looked like a Dakota the package would fit together better.

that said, aside from being able to house a larger radio/gps, I think the new dash is horrible. It reminds me of the dash in my friends 1984 Dodge Ram Van...

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Rah said:
Granted everyone points out "You didn't like the 02 ram look but it grew on you"
I loved the 02 look the first time I saw it and couldn't wait till they made the dually in 03. As a matter of fact I had mine ordered the first day you could order the 03's in June of 02. I didn't even have a price sheet yet but mine was ordered and I took delivery of the very first 3rd Gen dually diesel in Canada in September of 2002. I am usually the guy that likes to order the first of anything and be the first guy on the block to have one but not this time. I will wait till they change it again, that front end will NEVER grow on me :rck: :rck:

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.