DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Programmers: Which is the most trouble-free?

It seems like I've seen just about all of the programmers praised, but also have seen them mentioned for problems with causing codes and excessive smoke. Won't be towing much initially, but I ordered the truck with 4.10's and will be slapping 37's on it soon.

So........What is the safest bet for buying a progammer for an 05 2500 that'll produce around 100 hp, but won't hose things up? I know the PPE, and TST produce crazy power, but if kept on a low setting..........

Banks Six Gun
Bully Dog Pup
Edge Juice
PPE
Quadzilla
TST
Van Aiken

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? C'mon, and help a brutha out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Go for either the Banks or the Bully Dog. Im friends with the guy named Stacey from Trucks TV and those are his two personal favorites, and i trust him.

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I first started edumacating myself Diesel-wise, I was already leaning towards the Banks, and soon discovered some of the other brands. For some reason, it seems as though Banks' Six Gun isn't that popular on the forums and I don't really know why.

I don't really care about popularity, but it can sometimes be a tell-tale sign. I just want what isn't going to cause me to take the truck into the shop because Box "X" screwed something up.

If Stacey is the one that does that show, I watched one of them where he thrashed Gale Banks personal truck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well put it this way. Ive been opn the phone for a long time before talking with Banks and Ford, about the Banks programmer. Banks is the only company that ford guarantees wont void their warranty. Thats saying something to me if Ford is willing to give the ok to Banks to tell people it wont void their warranty. That says something to me about reliability, and the performance gains are sufficient. Trust me you wont be dissapointed with either one.

·
KTM Rider
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm....I may have to call Banks to find out if they say the same thing about Dodge warranties, and if so, call Dodge to get their take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.