• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
personally, i like the older bodies for this reason:

It's what put Dodge Rams on the market. Its like a first impression. you have all these square trucks, then all of a sudden theres actually a truck that you can look at and know exactly what it is.

needless to say, the newer bodies are cool too, but you can beat an original.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I like the 94-01 style myself.They just seem to look sportier and not like such a road behemoth(even though they are friggin huge too).I mean look what they did to the new Dakotas,they look huge.If you like reg cab short bed sporty trucks,then the 94-01 style gets my vote.if you just want to have the biggest and baddest truck on the road,get the newer body style.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the 2nd gen best, but the 3rd gen styling is starting to grow on me. Definite lack of engine choices in the 3rd gen 2500/3500.

Ugly but tough and reliable 1st gen for my mud truck/winter beater :wavey:

·
Autoglass
4,117 Posts
After getting to drive my Dad's 67 D-100 , And his 73 ClubCab. But owning a,,
1990 D-150 4x2 White
1999 1500 4x4 Black
2002 1500 4x2 Graphite Gray
It's hard to decide if any of the body styles are better than the other!

Attachments

·
Mopar or No Car!
218 Posts
Poll:Body style -new or old

I voted for the "old" style for now. It took me a long time to start liking the 94-01's at first I didn't like them,now I love my truck!! The "new" ones are growing on me,I do like the idea of four full doors better than my QC but thats about all that the new ones have thats better

·
Banned
493 Posts
I like the new ones because their dashboards don't crack....seriously...you know looking from the rear...they look the same to me. I like them both.....dodge just has style. in the '80's dodge had crap.....now, they are the shit.

when the new challenger comes out I gonna get me one asap. I want that car..........in black.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I swapped for the new style this year only because I wanted a diesel. I love both body styles and each have their good points. I like the interior of the old best but the quad cab is great on this new truck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I currently own a 1998 CTD and love it. I like the 3rd gen just as well. I really do not like the 2006 front though.....I hope they go back to the 05 style......my .02 Dodge still looks and is the best out there!!!!

-Cummins4ever

·
Registered
86 Posts
definitely the 94-01's. They're sleeker and cooler...and yet still bigger. Yes, I did measure to make sure (my buddy has a newer one, We put em side-by-side). The new ones just look too....i dunno, bulky, and not in a good way.

Not that the new ones are bad, I just like them less. They do have one quality that I prefer over mine: the bigger, roomier cab. I wanted one of those when I was out lookin to buy, and would have chosen a ford for that reason....but I'm glad I got my truck.

Anyways. That's my vote.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have to pick the '94-01 Ram. Although the newer 2002+ Rams have nicer interiors, more power, and more options... that is only due to the fact that it is a newer truck. Since the question was which body style is better I had to go with '94-'01. Looks more like a truck and I like the sharpe edges and more rough surface.

Personally I like the '94-01 Rams with the chrome grille and bumper. The "sport" painted grille and bumper look nice but I think the chrome sets the truck apart. Also 2nd gen Rams only look good at a nice stance with the right wheels. The Rams with those dark gray grilles, simple factory steel wheels, and low and bad offset stance just look ugly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i like the older style and on a side: the seats are much more comfortable than the new ones..?? or is it just me.when my 98 was down for some body work i rented out a durango 05' and was very dis-pleased with the ergonomics (comfort)..later

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.