DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to drop my rear end and figured might as well polish my drive shaft. I have a quadcab and I think my driveshaft is aluminum correct? WHats the best way to polish it and is there anything that will keep it looking good for a long time?
Thanks
Maico

·
Bill3491
570 Posts
Im about to drop my rear end and figured might as well polish my drive shaft. I have a quadcab and I think my driveshaft is aluminum correct? WHats the best way to polish it and is there anything that will keep it looking good for a long time?
Thanks
Maico
Stop in a truck stop and get the stuff the truckers use to polish their aluminum rims. It will be the least expensive and most durable. There is a bottle of this watery liquid, I can't remember the name. It's some kind of etching solution. It will make it really shine.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Be careful. Your driveshaft is 80% cardboard and 20% aluminum wrap. I wouldn't recommend working on it.

·
MUDDY AFFAIR
947 Posts

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i would be verry careful as the drive shaft is a ballanced item, and if you remove too much metal from one side you will get a really bad vibration. i know you said polish it but you will be removning a slight ammount of meterial. also do not knock the balance weight off.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I think unless you where bagging the truck and cutting out the bed for a trick suspension set up you are probably wasting your time. :dunno: I don't even notice my driveshaft and I have a 4x4 mega cab...and the shaft looks like a cruise missile if you get under the truck.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Somehow, "polishing" and "shaft" struck me funny.

Why polish something that'll be dirty and mud-splattered the first rainstorm? Seems a waste of time, but whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i just sanded mine down alittle bit an sprayed it a bright bright silver it looks pretty good for as much as ur gonna see it.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Why polish something that'll be dirty and mud-splattered the first rainstorm? Seems a waste of time, but whatever floats your boat.
:secret2:well then why wash your truck because the first time you go drive it it will get dirty........

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I say polish away. Not gonna hurt it anything and there's absolutely nothing wrong with a detailed undercarriage

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
dunno how youd polish it, but i painted mine black, and think it looks pretty good.

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
Be careful. Your driveshaft is 80% cardboard and 20% aluminum wrap. I wouldn't recommend working on it.
thats only on 2wds, and why would you wanna polish your driveshaft??

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
i have a RC adn i took mine off and sanded all the rust off :crazy: man that was alot of rust then i painted it with the duplicolor caliper paint and mow it looks like a brushed aluminium :rck: ppl ask me if it is but its just paint:D and the underside of the truck look much cleaner for car show :rck:

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
i have a RC adn i took mine off and sanded all the rust off :crazy: man that was alot of rust then i painted it with the duplicolor caliper paint and mow it looks like a brushed aluminium :rck: ppl ask me if it is but its just paint:D and the underside of the truck look much cleaner for car show :rck:
HOW the hell are people looking under YOUR truck???

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I like polished cardboard.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.