DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
They do all kinds of stuff to the car I believe there is a chip they install but otherwise up until recently these were cars that rolled off the line and added on after the fact.

·
Registered
148 Posts
There are a bunch of differences.

The PCM has enhanced paramaters
The ESP "off" button really disables ESP 100%.
Upgraded oil cooler
Higher amperage circuits
Heavy duty alternator
Harness hookups for external equipment
Column shifter
Rear door lock over rides to keep the bad guys in the car.
The stock RT limiter is around 145, it's said the police pkg goes upwards of 160.
The list goes on...

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
So I have to go at least 160 mph to get away from the cops...Damn I don't think that's happening with 4.56 gears;)

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
I wish I could find a surplus one, I would trade my truck in a heart beat :rck:

They are wicked, I see our local troopers drivin them all the time....

Good thing is im goin into law enforcement soo maybe Ill get to drive one one day :)

·
Banned
8 Posts
I've had em over 140mph, and they're still pulling a little then.

You gotta be really freaking careful. Compared to the Crown Vics, the Chargers don't "feel" like they're going fast. Also, compared to the Crown Vics, the Chargers don't hold up as well in a crash.

The first time you get hauling fast to an urgent call and the wind draft catches a spotlight and flips it, *wham*, your bum will try to eat the seat.

·
Mother Mopar
504 Posts
I've had em over 140mph, and they're still pulling a little then.

You gotta be really freaking careful. Compared to the Crown Vics, the Chargers don't "feel" like they're going fast. Also, compared to the Crown Vics, the Chargers don't hold up as well in a crash.

The first time you get hauling fast to an urgent call and the wind draft catches a spotlight and flips it, *wham*, your bum will try to eat the seat.
Wow dont it look so intimidating, it was made to be a police car...

:thatfunny :rck: :cool: :cheerl: :worthy: :tup: :SPIN:

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
my dad(cop) has been dreamin about his department gettin one since they came out...:2444_drooling::2444_drooling:

anyone gotta line on a used one?:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.