DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery today (at the city vehicle maint shop) of a black one with a low profile Whelan strobe bar,and I will be "road testing" it tomorrow AM. Got a 351 crown Vic with a big Holly on it that whips the new DOHC vics , The boss and I will be doing a "performance evaluation" as part of the acceptance inspection. Will keep you posted

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
sweet, keep us posted, and yeah, lets see some pics of it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Some people get all the fun! Sounds like a exciting job.
Pics Pleeeze.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats! That'll make one sweet prowl car. Are they going to use it for K9 too?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Road testing with full lights and sirens sounds cool too!
Pic's please.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It will definately outrun a crown vic;BUT not the motorola. The magnum is black with the aluminum wheels,NO police markings whatever ,only hint that it might be a police car is the low profile lite bar on roof. From a distance it looks like a roof mounted luggage rack. The traffic seargeant who is evaluating the car thinks it is TOO much engine and wants to find out if it is available with a smaller motor!!!! The department is thinking about getting 3,they have a problem with the local RICERS and are looking for a tool to deal with them. If they keep the car I have offered to give them the motor out of my Dakota and take the hemi AND do all the work myself at no cost to the city. hope they get some more I'd really enjoy working on them and doing the test drives after maint work is done.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When I was buyig my Ram last month, I was talking to the manager about the charger while my sales guy was printing out some stuff. He said that our police department ordered 19 of the Police package Chargers.

Guess I'll be sticking to the posted limits ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
You know....it may sound funny but I want to get a mag cruiser when it's all done with it's police job and restore it....I think that would be a hella fun project.

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
six pak said:
The traffic seargeant who is evaluating the car thinks it is TOO much engine and wants to find out if it is available with a smaller motor!!!!
I realize there are a variety of concerns wit regard to turning a big engine like that loose on the streets, but golly... if they let *me* have one shouldn't a trained LE driver be allowed at least parity?

This is the best advice I can give to that guy. It ain't much but...

http://tinyurl.com/cegyp

Respectfully submitted,

·
Registered
840 Posts
Blackcomb said:
You know....it may sound funny but I want to get a mag cruiser when it's all done with it's police job and restore it....I think that would be a hella fun project.
:thatfunny GMTA :gr_patrio

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The seargeant is concerned because we have a new bunch of recruits on board: traditionally these newbies,fresh out of the persuit driving course,have wrecked more than their share of new cars. Also i think he is scared of the car because he would not open the throttle as far as i did,he likes the strong acceleration but refuses to stay throttle ON much past 50mph. You are right any police vehicle with more than 80k is a whipped dog. Cold starts to immediate wot,hours of idling in the hot sun with the ac on just so it will be cool inside when he takes a coffee break,deliberately running over curbs and scraping the bottom from rad support to trans pan,etc, It is a full time job keeping the fleet on the road

·
Registered
840 Posts
I can imagine the work/fun of slaving over the few and many wrecks ...

I'm semi surprised to find the few special service Muckstangs running about

ever tinker with those or the special service craparos ??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.