DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) - Police are investigating an incident that took place Friday at Homestead-Miami Speedway involving NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne and an unidentified security guard.

A spokesman for Kahne said the Nextel Cup star was rushing to his motorhome in a secure lot at the track following Friday's final practice when he was stopped by the guard, who refused to let Kahne through the entrance without a credential.

Kahne, still in his driving uniform, attempted to walk around the guard and, according to the spokesman, the two bumped and, when Kahne turned around, the guard was on the ground.

Police were called and Kahne spent several minutes in handcuffs before being released. The security guard was checked and released at the infield medical center.

A police spokesman said the incident is under investigation by detectives and he was not at liberty to talk about specifics. Kahne took part in Saturday's Cup practices and will start Sunday's season-ending Ford 400 third in the 43-car field.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
I really dont get the whole picture here....

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
A little different story on Nascar.com

Nextel Cup driver Kasey Kahne is under investigation by the Homestead Police Department for pushing a track security guard to the ground Friday before the Craftsman Truck Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

A conflict ensued between Kahne and the security guard after Kahne could not provide the proper credential for his brother, Kale Kahne, in order to enter the drivers' motorhome lot inside the speedway, according to Police Capt. Tom Foglia.

After the incident, Foglia said, the security guard complained his blood pressure had escalated. An emergency vehicle was called and the security guard was taken to the infield care center.

Foglia did not have the name of the security guard or his condition as of early Saturday afternoon.

"We are looking into the matter; the detective is handling it," Foglia added.

After Cup practice on Saturday, Kahne said, "It was all a misunderstanding."

NASCAR officials are aware of the incident and said the sanctioning body will not take action until the local police conclude their investigation.

"We can't comment on that right now," NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
How the hell can a security guard question a Cup driver like Kasey? You would think they would know the drivers....

Where would Kasey carry his "credentials" while in his race uniform?

Sounds like a JJ fan to me...

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
I take it you didn't read the story I posted. It wasn't about Kasey, it was about his brothers credentials.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
Rammin03 said:
How the hell can a security guard question a Cup driver like Kasey? You would think they would know the drivers....

Where would Kasey carry his "credentials" while in his race uniform?

Sounds like a JJ fan to me...
Dude, They whernt questioning kasey they where his brother....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.