DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mostly over at www.dakota-durango.com so if you need to get ahold of me quickly...PM me over there. Thanks!! :cool:

I would be interested in an equal trade for an H7 6000K Low beam kit or anything else for my 02 Dakota. PM with offers.

I made the mistake of getting this kit thinking it was the one I needed....I was wrong. It is used, and the previous owner told me that he had them for a little less than a year. They are in the original packaging and it seems that the previous owner took very good care of them. I only opened it to check to see if everything was there and it is. I DID NOT get to check to see if they worked cause I don't have any way of trying them out. I don't have any reason to believe that the previous owner would have sold me bunk lights.

I just bought them from him for $150 shipped and would like to get at least most of that back so I can get the correct HID kit. $120 shipped via Paypal. Check my iTrader, it's all good.

Here is a link to the kit I have:

The very first one...H1 4100K kit
http://www.europeanautosport.com/polarion.htm

PM me with any questions. Thanks

Original post:
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73426

:tup:

·
Kaos AD
1,364 Posts
What year is your dak>? would these work on my truck and if so wanna trade for a mopar security system designed for the '06 but dealer said will work fine on other years, comes with two keyfobs. got it for Jena then she ended up buying a Kia sportage instead,,,arrgh ya know. lol
email for pics [email protected] mention DT case ya end up in spam

DP

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your dak>? would these work on my truck and if so wanna trade for a mopar security system designed for the '06 but dealer said will work fine on other years, comes with two keyfobs. got it for Jena then she ended up buying a Kia sportage instead,,,arrgh ya know. lol
email for pics [email protected] mention DT case ya end up in spam

DP

My truck is a 2002....I'm in the process of buying aftermarket headlights for my Dakota and thought that the Low beams took the H1 bulb. I was wrong....the high beams take the H1 bulb.

These will fit any vehicle that uses the H1 bulb. These are a Hi and Low beam kit. So if you have a headlight that uses only one bulb for your highs and lows...then this kit is perfect. I'm not sure how this would work with a headlight that has seperate bulbs for the high and low beams. I would think that it would still work though.....double check yourself before buying though!!!!

You should be able to tell by pulling your current bulb out and reading what is stamped or etched into the housing of the bulb. Some headlights have it etched on the outside part of the headlight lense. Look real close on the lense of the headlight housing.

PM me with anymore questions.

·
Kaos AD
1,364 Posts
will check,interested in trade?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will check,interested in trade?
For the security system??? No thanks.....got anything else that would fit on my truck?? Looking for an H7 HID kit or some offroad stuff...ie. light bar, prerunner bar, offroad fog lights.

·
Registered
810 Posts
i will give you 100shipped. via paypal rite after i confirm them to fit my truck ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will give you 100shipped. via paypal rite after i confirm them to fit my truck ?
Alright, let me know if they fit then. They are all ready to be shipped out. I ship next day after I receive payment.

Thanks. :rck:

·
Registered
810 Posts
supposively i need the h7 bulb. but if you knew if i could buy the right bulb for my truck i would be willing to buy them?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
supposively i need the h7 bulb. but if you knew if i could buy the right bulb for my truck i would be willing to buy them?
Not sure....the H7 is what I need too. I haven't researched to see if I could just simply switch bulbs but I'd rather have a 6000K instead of a 4100K kit anyways....so I just want to get rid of this and get the one I want.

If you know anyone with a WRX, Mazda 3 or 6, G35 or RSX...without HID's....this is a direct fit for these cars. Thanks.

·
Registered
810 Posts
because if the bulbis the only differnece shouldnt they be inter changeable since you have to replace them any way ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
because if the bulbis the only differnece shouldnt they be inter changeable since you have to replace them any way ?
I don't think it's that easy with this kit. If it connected up like all of the other aftermarket HID kits...then I would probably just switch the bulbs myself and keep it, but that's not the case here. It's better to just use this for a vehicle that has H1 bulbs. If you want this and try yourself, be my guest:D....I'm selling it for really cheap plus I'm already losing $50 off the deal.

·
Registered
810 Posts
yeah i think ima pass goodluck though. try ebay

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
u said this is a H1 kit right?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm mostly over at www.dakota-durango.com so if you need to get ahold of me quickly...PM me over there. Thanks!!

I would be interested in an equal trade for an H7 6000K Low beam kit or anything else for my 02 Dakota. PM with offers.

I made the mistake of getting this kit thinking it was the one I needed....I was wrong. It is used, and the previous owner told me that he had them for a little less than a year. They are in the original packaging and it seems that the previous owner took very good care of them. I only opened it to check to see if everything was there and it is. I DID NOT get to check to see if they worked cause I don't have any way of trying them out. I don't have any reason to believe that the previous owner would have sold me bunk lights.

I just bought them from him for $150 shipped and would like to get at least most of that back so I can get the correct HID kit. $120 shipped via Paypal. Check my iTrader, it's all good.

Here is a link to the kit I have:

The very first one...H1 4100K kit
http://www.europeanautosport.com/polarion.htm

PM me with any questions. Thanks

Original post:
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/...ad.php?t=73426

Yes'sir!!

·
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
14,567 Posts
These will fit any vehicle that uses the H1 bulb. These are a Hi and Low beam kit. So if you have a headlight that uses only one bulb for your highs and lows...then this kit is perfect.
if this are truely an H1 HID kit then how is it dual beam? H1 bulbs are single beam (see Pic), could you post a pic of your kit?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
if this are truely an H1 HID kit then how is it dual beam? H1 bulbs are single beam (see Pic), could you post a pic of your kit?

This kit has a relay, which I'm assuming is for the High and Low settings in the bulb. Your statement would be true for the Halogen bulbs....these HID bulbs use the relay to change (move) the light output in the bulb itself to reflect the light different for the high beams.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BUMP

Another car they would fit is a 5th Gen Prelude. $100 shipped.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.