Which Pocket Flares

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am ready to get some flares and I am down to these 2. Bushwacker claims 2.5" coverage and Prestige 2". I like the textured looks since I will not be painting, and I will be putting spray-in on the sides.

I know there are die hard bushwacker fans, so if you post, please give you reason/opinion why.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i just voted prestige since they are site sponsor and look exactly the same

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I voted Bushwacker because I have been through the bad flare fitment in the past and bushwacker fit like a glove. Maybe Prestige do to but I don't have any experience with them.

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Blue

I only say Bushwhacker because I've had them before and they fit like a glove. They also look really nice, IMO. Just don't don't wheel with them...they WILL crack. I went with something more flexible on my Jeep, so when she rubs a tree or rock, I will still have a flare. Dodgefan, your truck looks nice.

·
~TYLER~
2,389 Posts
I run bushwacker and love them, fit more then perfect...plus the company name is better ha ha ha

·
HILLBILLY DELUXE
4,907 Posts
Blue

I only say Bushwhacker because I've had them before and they fit like a glove. They also look really nice, IMO. Just don't don't wheel with them...they WILL crack. I went with something more flexible on my Jeep, so when she rubs a tree or rock, I will still have a flare. Dodgefan, your truck looks nice.
I took mine out wheelin' this weekend. Kinda gave me the stomach twitch when i read your post, lol. They seemed fine, but i didn't rub anything to be honest. They seem pretty flexible and to be honest, i didn't install the 3m tape that came with them. I just bolted and "clipped" them in place. All good so far. THANKS A BUNCH for the compliment, it makes my blood/sweat/tears worth it :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Dodgefan,

You have Prestige, right? I was speaking of the Bushwhackers cracking. I don't have any first hand experience with the Prestige. Maybe they are more pliable. I come from the Jeep community, and we call them Bushcrackers, Brushcrackers, etc. They just don't hold up to serious wheeling. Anyway, they both look great on these trucks. Take Care.

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See now that is some good information. I won't be wheeling alot, its mainly for keeping the mud/rocks/debris/cops from ruining my day. But quality is a must.

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
reply sent

·
Registered
270 Posts
i got bushwhacker myself. I went off roadin and had no problem with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
These are Bushwacker O.E.'s. They are 5 years old now and still are perfect.

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still haven't gotten any, lack of funds, but I still want them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I vote for the Bushwacker pocket style especially if you are gonna run larger and wider tires. Before i got mine i had stuff all down the side of my truck EVERYDAY and when it rained it was worse. I just think they look really good on a lifted truck no matter if they are painted or not.

·
Don
918 Posts
bushwacker

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.