Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just wanted you all to know that I purchased a trans pan from Air-Ram, He is a GREAT guy to buy from, probably the best to date(no not romantically you sick ba$tards :crazy: )....Great communication, and as far as the product goes........OUTSTANDING quality, my truck is actually at the dealer now having the pan installed..........I know what your thinking :thatfunny
The only reason I am not doing it myself is there is a TSB out for the filters in the trans, so I figured while they where doing that why not have them install the new pan at the same time.....saves me $$$$ on fluids and filters ....
I will throw a few pics of the pan tomorrow so you guys can see the quality of the pan.
Hey...............Thanks Air-Ram :gr_patrio
John

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
It is an awesome pan.
has a little machined flat boss on the side you can drill and tap if you want a temp guage..
I love mine..
L.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
make sure the dealer adds the extra fluid for the deep pan...they can be alil crazy at times and forget

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
enhanced250 said:
make sure the dealer adds the extra fluid for the deep pan...they can be alil crazy at times and forget
Funny you should say that, I got a call in the afternoon that my truck was ready and they had to add an additional 4 qts(I am now scratching my head because I purchased 3 qts that morning prior to the service)
The service manager and I have become friends so he said not to worry that they took care of it for me.(I forgot to mention I brought 3 dozen donoughts for the service dept that morning as well,I figure if I take care of them, they will take care of me. and it has definately worked so far)
My point is 5 qts for the TSB, 3 qts I purchased, and 4 qts they kicked in =
12qts....thats 3 gallons of fluid....HOLY $H!T thats alot of fluid.
Update on the temps so far....
NON _TOWING = I averaged 100-140 degrees city blasting around, as of adding the pan and same kind of driving I have not jumped past 120 degrees.
The real test will be with a 5500 pound trailer behind me.

I have the factory trans cooler on the truck now, Has anyone added a fan to theires or gone with an aftermarket cooler?????
the stock cooler looks to be very weak.....
Thanks for any input. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
03ramit1 said:
look at getting a trans cooler from a 2500. the will bolt up to your radiator and add alot of cooling to your trans
I asked the parts guy at the dealer if they are different and he said no, if any of you 2500 owners could measure your cooling area of your trans cooler please le me know.
Mie measures 7"x20" of cooling surface.
Thanks. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
maybe even a picture of the trans cooler on the 2500 i didnt know they had a fan

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
enhanced250 said:
maybe even a picture of the trans cooler on the 2500 i didnt know they had a fan
they dont have a fan but talking w/ a buddy of mine they are suposed to be bigger and cover the whole radiator. if you look at your radiator there are 2 more mounting points on it. a bolt hole on one side and a slip in groove on th other.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03ramit1 said:
they dont have a fan but talking w/ a buddy of mine they are suposed to be bigger and cover the whole radiator. if you look at your radiator there are 2 more mounting points on it. a bolt hole on one side and a slip in groove on th other.
Thats correct, 2 grooves and 1 bolt. thats where my current cooler is. My cooler only covers 60% in length and 30% in height. the cooler has tabs built into it to reach the grooves on radiator.
I guess I need to sneak down to the dealer and start popping hoods to see.

I found a fan setup by flexalite that is 6 1/2" . I was also thinking about running 2 side by side, and run it only when Towing.(75.00 each)
so for 150.00 I can have better cooling.
I also noticed that the factory cooler is much thinner than aftermarket coolers ......any thoughts on that?????
Thanks.
:gr_patrio

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
our coolers are whats called a single pass. meaning that the oil only goes throuhg it on one layer but if you can find a dual pass of trippel pass the oil will go throuhg it 2 or 3 times instead of just once. now if you could find a tripple pass the size of the radiator you would never have to worry about your cooling. allthough i would still recommed a transtemp gauge.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
03ramit1 said:
our coolers are whats called a single pass. meaning that the oil only goes throuhg it on one layer but if you can find a dual pass of trippel pass the oil will go throuhg it 2 or 3 times instead of just once. now if you could find a tripple pass the size of the radiator you would never have to worry about your cooling. allthough i would still recommed a transtemp gauge.
I have a trans temp gauge.......I am running an autometer C2 Full sweep Gauge. I have a fairly new L.E.D. Cyberdyne gauge with Blue L.E.D. if anyone is interested, paid 90.00 will sell for 40.00 + 5.00 shipping. I had it in truck for 2 weeks, I wanted a dial gauge instead.
I was looking at the Hayden, Flexalite and other coolers, the downside appears that I would have to use rubber line and hose clamps to install it.....not to keen on the hose clamps..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
03ramit1 said:
have any pics????
this is the website for the gauge http://www.cyberdynegauges.net/blueice.php
here is the part # Part # A021E351Y-Silver Bezel
This is the description:
BLUE Transmission Temperature
Requires 2 1/16” hole for mounting with back clamp provided. Range is 70-260F. Features ‘Hi” and “Lo” scrolling warning and user adjustable “flashing” warning. Available with high and low memory recall feature. Requires Cyberdyne temperature sender shipped with gauge. Order from part number list below

Attachments

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
BoneDryRacer said:
Hey Guys,
Just wanted you all to know that I purchased a trans pan from Air-Ram, He is a GREAT guy to buy from, probably the best to date(no not romantically you sick ba$tards :crazy: )....Great communication, and as far as the product goes........OUTSTANDING quality, my truck is actually at the dealer now having the pan installed..........I know what your thinking :thatfunny
The only reason I am not doing it myself is there is a TSB out for the filters in the trans, so I figured while they where doing that why not have them install the new pan at the same time.....saves me $$$$ on fluids and filters ....
I will throw a few pics of the pan tomorrow so you guys can see the quality of the pan.
Hey...............Thanks Air-Ram :gr_patrio
John
Thank you for the PLUG! PML was one of the first products we started to sell on our site... we offer the lowest prices around and will have the pan to you within a few days after your order is placed.

I know what your talking about... those pans are sweet! And HUGE!...LOL I would test the pan out and see if you even need to add any additional fans... I dont think you will need them at all. With that PML pan your transmission is already Chilled cool enough to add another 100,000 miles of life to it. I would not doubt it if it stays just as cool even when towing.... sure it will raise a few degrees but I dont think you will need an additional fan.

Keep us posted.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
03ramit1 said:
ill buy it if you can wait untill the first. send me a pm w/ your paypal and ill send you the $$$ on the first.

PM sent :gr_patrio
I am also throwing in 3/8 & 1/2 inch brass adapters that did not come with the gauge..10.00 dollar value ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dline said:
the PML pans seal good with that o-ring?
O-Ring??? not sure what O-Ring you are speaking of. The dealer used the normal gasket that goes between pan & trans body. The PML pan actualy lays flatter than the stock tinfoil pan. no need to hammer out the dimples at the bolt holes.
Hope that is helpful.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
i think u just use some high temp silicone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.