DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, here are some pics. of my 1991 parts van cut in half. I'm making a trailer out of the rear section, which will match my 1995 Plymouth Voyager. Its not that hard to do, u just want to make sure its supported on both sides of the cut line, cut the roof first, cut right behind the bolt holes for the front passenger seat, and drain all fluids{like gas} first. Then u can pull the nose away, and start fabricating the new front and the tongue. I will post more pics. when they are ready.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some more pics of my trailer. I cut the doors in half and screwed them in place, aligning the body best as possible. Then i cut plywood for the door windows and to close in the front. I'm going away on holidays this friday, so I won't get to the tongue framing for a couple weeks. I'll post finall pics when completed...... I've also included pics of the leftover part of the van.

Attachments

·
Founder, Jus Cuz Designs
816 Posts
Cool idea!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'd much rather see this job done with sheet metal, although I know cost and skill level are higher that way. Very neat idea anyhow. Keep the pics coming.

Rick

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rick, cost and skill levels are involved, although I could mount a piece of metal to the outside of the plywood. I was thinking about using a moulding to fill the ugly gap between plywood and metal, but also maybe fibreglass, mud, lots of sanding and a good coat of paint. We'll see, right now I'm getting ready for last 12hr. night shift before we head out east, New Brunswick, in the morning,friday. Just did a tune up on our 2000 Caravan, 3.0L, and wow, that back plug on pass. side, what a pain that is. I did it without removing the alternator or bracket, but it would have been alot easier if i had. I did it wednesday afternoon before work, and my inner arm is still sore from having it wedged in there so far. Anyways, it'll be about a week or so before i can work on my trailer some more, so i can try to figure out how I'll finish the front better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.