DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change out the wires on my D before I head up to Chicago this weekend. I've got a small spark jumping around the coil wire and doesn't look like anyone just sells that individually, so I'm looking at a whole new set to buy.

Looking for recommendations that can be picked up at a local auto parts store. I can't buy online because whatever I get off the internet won't be here before I leave for the windy city. So, it needs to be something that many places will carry.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, the only things I have been able to find are Bosch, Autolite, Belden, BORG-WARNER and in-store brands like ValueCraft and Xact. Autozone said they could get some MSD Blues in, but they're special order. :(

So anything out of those or something else I could pick up from an Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly's, Carquest or Napa?

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron, I live in such a small town, I'm surprised we have running water and electricity at times. No performance shops here at all. That's why I do most of my buying online.

The Autozone didn't have any accels and no one I spoke with was certain they would have them in by tomorrow. Turns out I *had* to get them today anyway. The spark jump got much worse today and the D was missing badly. My Jeep is on loan to someone at the moment, so I don't have a backup vehicle. After hearing the Bosch story, there really weren't any brands that I trusted, so I went to the dealership (sorry Ugg) and bought a new set of Mopars. That really sucked because if I had a little more time I could have had a nice set of MSD's for a comparable price. :(

Good news is that she's running great again. I just wish I had been able to get a better set of plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.