DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change out the wires on my D before I head up to Chicago this weekend. I've got a small spark jumping around the coil wire and doesn't look like anyone just sells that individually, so I'm looking at a whole new set to buy.

Looking for recommendations that can be picked up at a local auto parts store. I can't buy online because whatever I get off the internet won't be here before I leave for the windy city. So, it needs to be something that many places will carry.

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
IMHO, you can't go wrong with the big three. Accel, MSD or Taylor.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically, the only things I have been able to find are Bosch, Autolite, Belden, BORG-WARNER and in-store brands like ValueCraft and Xact. Autozone said they could get some MSD Blues in, but they're special order. :(

So anything out of those or something else I could pick up from an Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly's, Carquest or Napa?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
If I had to pick from Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly's, Carquest or Napa, I'd go with Napa. Good luck.

·
Certifiable User
284 Posts
I would check with Autozone and especially Advance. Everytime I have ordered something from them it has come in the next day. I have even ordered on Sat afternoon and gotten on Sun afternoon from Advance. Apparently they have several warehouses spread around the US and stock most things there.... making it easier to get things overnight.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Coach, you don't have any speed and performance shops in your area? There's almost always a local speed shop around somewhere. Most will at least have the MSD's for ya!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Don't go with Bosch. I installed a new set of Bosch wires from AutoZone about 2,000 miles ago and just put the old OEM coil wire back in because the Bosch was sparking so badly. It's running much better now, but there's still an intermittant spark somewhere so I'm probably going to replace all the wires again.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
they sell accel at autozone...

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ron, I live in such a small town, I'm surprised we have running water and electricity at times. No performance shops here at all. That's why I do most of my buying online.

The Autozone didn't have any accels and no one I spoke with was certain they would have them in by tomorrow. Turns out I *had* to get them today anyway. The spark jump got much worse today and the D was missing badly. My Jeep is on loan to someone at the moment, so I don't have a backup vehicle. After hearing the Bosch story, there really weren't any brands that I trusted, so I went to the dealership (sorry Ugg) and bought a new set of Mopars. That really sucked because if I had a little more time I could have had a nice set of MSD's for a comparable price. :(

Good news is that she's running great again. I just wish I had been able to get a better set of plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.