DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: :help: i'M looking for a plow for my D...its a 98 I call western plow and they make a kit for 2001 and up. but i thought the 98 -01 were the same body and frame, its the same does any know anything bout this, will the 01 plow fit on the 98.
does some one make a lit for the 98

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
I have seen this topic come upa few times in teh past and I seem to recall that Durangos are not good platforms for plowing machines. The front end suspension and diff is not strong enough.

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
Also the fact that the front rails are not connected doesn't help at all.

SOmeone however does make a rear, hitch mounted setup which is pretty nifty. Not that it probably helps you out any.

I have heard of several people running smaller front mounted plows with non-metallic scoops etc. (i.e. VERY light weight setups)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Where do you live that you need "plow help QUICK?" LOL

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Lol

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
a plow.......:huh: :crazy:

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
WarrensD said:

Good point... maybe he's got what he thinks is a really good deal happening somewhere :IDEA: :D

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I think it's snowing heavy in Siberia right now...

·
Mike McG.
38 Posts
boost - I've got a Sno-Way ST on my 4.7 2k that I use just for our driveway (520' from the house down to the road). This winter will be the 4th year with it and so far I haven't had any problems with it. Of course, like Don mentioned - it's a very light-weight setup - the blade of the ST is polycarb, so it weighs just a little over 300lbs.

Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend putting a plow on a D for road work, but if your driveway is big enough - it'll end up being cheaper than paying someone to plow...

·
Mike McG.
38 Posts
Sno-Way has a dealer in Manchester, NH (we're in Wilton, NH) and as close as I can remember, it was about $3,330.00 installed. That included the plow itself, the frame mount, and a lot of custom work on their part. The plow and frame mount are meant to be direct bolt-on's to the D, but I've got a brush guard that I didn't want to lose (it provides some nice front-end protection), so they had to do a bit of work on the guard to get it to play well with the plow frame mount. :)

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
boost54 said:
Chicago, snows around the corner, hey Mike McG where did you get your plow from AND HOW MUCH?
Hell, it's snowing here right now! ARGH!!! :VHOT: :VHOT:

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Unnamed said:
Hell, it's snowing here right now! ARGH!!! :VHOT: :VHOT:
hmmm, Phx predicting high of 92 today. ;)

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
canyonD said:
hmmm, Phx predicting high of 92 today. ;)
I read the message in the notification email I got and I knew it was you who said that. :WHT: :nutkick:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Should be around 84 today....God I couldn't imagine snow.....I can honestly say I've NEVER seen snow before...except in a globe.....Shake Shake Shake.... :thatfunny :rck:

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Miller's Laws -

#83 : "I want to live in a climate where it's necessary to gather children around the freezer, open the door, extract an ice cube try, and then proclaim: "...and so THIS is what happens when water freezes."

·
Registered
16 Posts
WarrensD said:
Must be in Buffalo. Crazy stuff up here.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Yeah, I take all of that smart-butt stuff back! It's supposed to drop 25 degrees HERE tomorrow. Gonna be a weird winter!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.