DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the plenum constantly running the oil low, why doesn't my oil light ever come on or check engine light. At times I have checked it and it didn't even register on the dipstick.

You can't really tell from the oil pressure gauges. I run Castrol high mileage and have 130k on the truck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
As most "idiot lights" do, they light up to tell you your F***ked. I suggest you get your plenum fixed. If you are leaking that much oil in your combustion chamber, people will start thinking you are running a Cummins'.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Most oil warning light some on at 4 to 7 pounds pressure, they aren't meant to tell you the oil is low. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would love to get the Plenum kit but can't afford it yet. I have to get that.. then pay another 800 to get my a/c fixed before March when it gets back to 80 plus degrees. It was only 72 today so I don't need it yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
yeah, I guess if I lived in Florida I would make my A/C my number 1 priority too. Though, I can't really feel your pain since it is 5 DEGREES HERE IN OHIO !!!!!!!!!!

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
I should also mention that it doesn't get any warmer than 90F here during peak summer weather either. Hughes makes one of the better aftermarket plenum kits. I bought the kit and the dealer changed it as I was blessed with an extended warranty. I didn't stick with the stock plate as they're not known for their durability.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had just the gasket replaced, with the stock plate and a Felpro gasket, about 6000 miles ago, it cost me $125 to have a local garage guy do it. So far so good, it may last for a long time or it may not. At least I'm not dumping $3 worth of oil in it every fill up and listening to that constant pinging.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine was death flashed in 04 so I have no pinging as long as I keep it tuned up.

rattler...I feel your pain. That's why I moved here from Illinois in 03. ;) I went all last summer without a/c and it was miserable! 94 degress and 94% humidity! It made for a long hour drive home every afternoon.

I am currently going thru about a quart of oil per week or 400 miles.

luckily, I haven't run it low enough to see the oil light yet but I get a little nervous every time I check it (or forget to) and it's too low to register. oops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.