DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will there still be some pinging while accelerating even though I have changed my gasket and put in an aluminum plenum plate?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I replaced it 4 days ago. It was the worst plate that I have seen. I had no gasket left. If the ping doesn't go away I will be pretty pist. I love the truck but hate to get discoraged with it after all the work done with replacing the gasket and plate. Maybe I expect too much. Perfection. :mad:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I just did mine last weekend. I had some pretty hefty pinging, and my gasket was blown in 2 - 2inch spots. I replaced mine with the aluminum Hughes kit, but I also did the intake gaskets, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and my pinging went away, so it could be a combo of the lot or maybe just the plenum.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Autolite.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
If any spark knock remains, a 180* t-stat will take care of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've just turned 100k miles on my 98, 5.9. Do all these gaskets go? Should I tear in to it now? I don't get any ping and I tow high-speed since the day it was built.

·
Registered
994 Posts
if it ain't broke, don't break it.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I've just turned 100k miles on my 98, 5.9. Do all these gaskets go? Should I tear in to it now? I don't get any ping and I tow high-speed since the day it was built.
Mine has 109 on the OEM gasket. no leaks, no ping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.