DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad on TV about this spray and wipes called Pledge Multi-Surface It is supposed to work on glass, plastic, wood, steel, etc. I am going to try it on my engine tonight and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
sounds good. i recently used greased lightning engine degreaser on mine. soaked everywhere with it, let it sit for a few, then hit it with the pressure washer. all the hoses and black parts came out clean and shining, and the metals all clean and bare, looks brand new! hopefully that pledge works the same way!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does not work because it does not degrease. It would be ok for interior only but it does not leave any shine. Live & learn.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
go with the greased lightning then, big purple bottle, awesome stuff

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
with mine i took plastic grocery bags and put them over the fuse box, computer, evap canister, my open cai filter, and the distributor cap. i try to keep the spray directed toward the block, hoses, inner fender wells and firewall, but not aiming it at electrical components. then when im done i towel whatever areas i can and leave the hood up for it to air dry, and start it up for a few minutes to let any excess water evaporate. no troubles at all, and looks like it just came off the showroom.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never hose, I apply the solution to a rag and wipe. Nothing wrong ith hosing if you take the precautions, i just prefer to be super safe.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
racerX_244 said:
go with the greased lightning then, big purple bottle, awesome stuff
I use "Greased Lightning for the kitchen because it KILLS grease. Is the purple bottle for vehicles? If it is not, then be careful spraying it on plug wires or any rubber because I'm betting with several applications it may tend to dry out the rubber.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
nope, its engine/garage degreaser

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Be carefull with a degreaser around the alternator. It's very easy to degrease the bearings. I had to change mine once because of that and another member here had the same thing happen to his ram.

·
Seriously.
1,446 Posts
aah, good to know. shoulda probably put some plastic over it as well. i pretty much kept the degreaser around the hoses, intake manifold, near the injectors, and the block itself, but i'll make sure to keep clear of the alternator next time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.