DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen this happen with the tranny issues and its worked. Customers on these forums have posted in mass numbers stating that they want things changed and Superchips actually changed it.

I was reading on the FlashPaq forums that a guy wanted his 1-2 gear shift RPM and MPH down so he didn't waste so much gas. I know this is an issue that we all face as we drive from stop-light to stop-light. It tends to get a little obnoxious at times. Well Superchips gave him an update (but only him) by his serial number.

Now my goal in this thread is to get people to go to the FlashPaw forum and stand up and say that we all want this, but only as an option because many people still like this high rev feature. So Im looking for everyone who wants to get them to lower it and even to keep it the same (you guys would be helping us to make it an option).

Thank you for reading: http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14098#14098

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
good idea

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post up on the other forum so Superchips can see it!

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I dont see the problem with this. Maybe its just because I'm a 20 year old kid but I love it. I drive my truck around 80 miles a day & I still love it. It is peppy where I want it. My buddy with a chevy that runs 11.90's loves how torquey my truck is down low so you know someone did something right somewhere. I guess its just the 20 yr old side coming out in me.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Posted in both threads, I already got the idle update.

KB

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Im a 19yr old college student that works to support a truck that gets around 12-14mpg. I drive less than 30 miles a day in the city. If it were highway miles, I wouldn't mind. Stop and go with a loud exhaust and a high 1st gear shift point sometimes gets a little obnoxious. But thats just me.

Note: I am not complaining about gas mileage so NO FLAMING ME! Thanks :-D

On the thread note: Thanks for posting gentleman (and ladies). We ARE getting somewhere and hopefully soon we will start seeing some results from Superchips. We won't have this "NEW TUNER, DUMP THE OLD ONE" quest anymore for the small ram modders like myself. Lets keep on posting!

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
I'm not flaming you. I have heard of several people complaining about this. I dont know, I guess I'm just weird.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lets keep this going.

·
New Project!...Again!
3,261 Posts
KB112 said:
Posted in both threads, I already got the idle update.

KB
What is the idle update?

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It prevents the idle surging on the 91 tunes and apparently on the 87 tunes as well. Works really nice.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I personally like how the 1 2 shifts. My thoughts are if you don't like it go back to stock.
I can live with it being an option on the flashpaq but not mandatory.

·
1,965 Posts
I like it there too. it keeps it from up and downshifting in slow traffic all the time plus i like the noise and the snappy throttle responce.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Understand gentlemen that we are petitioning it to be an option. Not to get rid of it. If you like what we are doing, then 'hear hear' otherwise please no comments against this petition.

THank you.

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Here Here, as an option only :gr_patrio

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:-D Thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status