DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2003 dodge ram 1500 rc swb recently while installing new speakers and a amp i realized how much i hate the dinging when the drivers door is open and the key is in the ignition, in the turned back position for radio use. i think ive narrowed down where the sound comes from in the gauge cluster. my question is does anybody know what wire i can cut or pull to make it not ding when my key is in the ignition but hopefully still ding when like my gas light comes on and what not. any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Good question...

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
mine doesn't ding

my ignition is just loose enough I can slide my key out just enough while turned back or in the "off" position where it doesn't ding but will still turn freely :D

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
With the door(s) open just pull the key out just slightly while turned back and it will stop the madness. I HATE that noise so i found that one real quick.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boyo336 said:
Roll the window down and close the door...problem solved
yeah i guess if i wanted to hang through the window to install my amp and test it that i put under my driver side seat.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i will try pulling the key out when its turned back hopefully it works. thanks for the replys.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I wouldn't remove the chime as it does ding for useful pruposes at times. Try the key. Either that or find the door sensor.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah if you read what i said i dont want to remove the ding just when the door is open id like to cut that wire.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I don't think you'd be able to find any way to do it. The PCM decides when to 'ding' and it does that through inputs from the engine, the sensors, the doors, all kinds of sources. And cutting the wire from the door switch would mean not having dome lights and such :O

But I do like the others, I just rotate the key back and pull it out a little, no ding....

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Chauncy said:
mine doesn't ding

my ignition is just loose enough I can slide my key out just enough while turned back or in the "off" position where it doesn't ding but will still turn freely :D
That happened on my 98 Ram....I was eventually able to start the truck and drive, then take the key out. Truck would still run. Freaked the hell out of the service guy, but easily fixed...just a pin or something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.