DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a 88' dodge ram 100, recently it stalled out on my wife, so i went and got carb cleaner, a rotary button ,and distributer cap. reason for this is i just replaced plugs,wires,etc the whole tune up.. This is a 318, after replacing the cap and button and cleaning throttle body, the truck started fine and ran great for about two miles.. then it stalled! checked fuel going to TBody by turning it over with fuel line disconnected. There was no fuel coming outta line.. So i checked the fuel pump relay and the fuseable link in the wire harness coming off the relay switch. Replaced the fuseable link and it started and has run ...but! now when im driving down the road it will act like its going to cut out and has stalled on me a couple times but it will restart. I just replaced the fuel pump about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. im running outta answers here so i ran the message center.. it has the check engine light on it all the time since i replaced the fuseable link. here is the blinks that the check engine light gave me from the message center....12131555.... Please help me if possible. i thank you in advance.

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Does this truck have an EGR valve?

·
Registered
495 Posts
12 is a power failure code (like when you disconnect the battery) 55 is end of test code, the other i don't have my book at work so it'll have to wait till i get home or maybe someone else can chime in

CHRIS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it has a egr valve.. and thank you for the help with the code bud... i would like to get ahold of the book that has those codes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ty for the codes there bud.. i have a vacuum hose that needed repaired and seems to have quit stalling...so far..lol but thanks a million

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.