DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 5.2l mpfi system. my truck starts up smoothly but i am getting fuel flowing the wrong way through my vent line and coming out through the charcoal canister. all other vacume lines are dry. i replaced the fuel pressure regulator but that did not solve problem. Please help.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
Disconnect the charcoal canister and dump the excess fuel out of it. Re-attach and see if that doesnt help. It can/will fill up with gas from the fuel tank durig a purge cycle. Have you been overfilling the gas tank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing came out when I took off the canister, and I could not hear any liquid when shaking it. The fuel also resettles back to the tank after a day and then after restarting it takes a few seconds after the truck is running for the fuel to start coming out again. I am totally lost at this point and have asked several mechanics locally with no answers.

·
AirFuelEddie
5,442 Posts
nothing came out when I took off the canister, and I could not hear any liquid when shaking it. The fuel also resettles back to the tank after a day and then after restarting it takes a few seconds after the truck is running for the fuel to start coming out again. I am totally lost at this point and have asked several mechanics locally with no answers.
whats the fuel pressure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.