DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you might know i'm driving a rental while my truck is in the body shop. It's a 2005 Ferd F-150. Here comes the part I hate to say.....
There are 2 things I actually like better about it than my Ram.......

1. The cruise control buttons light up so you can see them at night.
2. The headlights put out much more light. Not necessarily brighter but more of a "flood" effect.

Please don't ban me :bawl:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Get a rope . . .

·
Registered
632 Posts
but is it as fast
but is it as comfortable
but is it as big
but is it as loud
but is it as tall
but is it as roomy
but is it as much fun to drive
but is it as GOOD LOOKING
BUT DOES IT HAVE A ~HEMI~

I think you get the point, RE-THINK

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
Mad Titan said:
Get a rope . . .
LOL :thatfunny

No hating ya, you'll get her back soon enough. My rental was at least a dodge - neon though - so I could onlu beat on it so much, they had no trucks to give to me, on account of a recent bad flood in the area, they where already all rented out, which I was almost begging for a truck (1)so I could beat on it, and (2) I really did need to hual some building materials

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as fast
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as comfortable
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as big
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as loud
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as tall
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as roomy
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as much fun to drive
no
hemi_power87 said:
but is it as GOOD LOOKING
no
hemi_power87 said:
BUT DOES IT HAVE A ~HEMI~
no

hemi_power87 said:
I think you get the point, RE-THINK
:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your just desparate , think about the kids ! Dont be weak in your time of trial ! Your love will soon come back . :D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No reason to hate or ban you. It is well known the lights on the 3rd gen Rams suck. I just spent a wad to get some new PIAA bulbs because you can't see crap with the stock low's. I never had a problem seeing the cruise buttons on my Ram but lighting them up I guess would be cool. Hey, even a Ford designer can have a good idea once a decade.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The cruise control on the 2005 is so damn intuitive that you don't need to see it, you can just feel it. And, of course, it does have a "cruise" light on the instrument panel that lets you know if you have cruise on or off.

·
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As for the cruise once I have the Ram for a little longer I will remember where the different buttons are, but i've only had it for 3 months and I don't do enough highway driving to use them that much. It's just a nice little feature to have them lit up.
As for the lights, I have silverstars on my Ram so they're bright but it's weird with the Ferd it seems like the beam is spread out on the sides alot more.
I do miss the Ram though and can't wait to get it back!!!

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
hmmmm....try to change out the bulb for the cruise control....I just turn on the driving lights when I need more light on the road......I already get people flashing me thinking that I had high beams on.

·
Registered
318 Posts
People 'flash' me all the time too, and I only have the Silverstars in my lowbeams.

I flash 'em right back, and they get the idea that maybe I'm NOT driving with my high-beams on. They are usually 1/4 mile past me down the road before I get the results of their retinal scans back from the lab.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
No need to feel bad...Ferd has to beat Dodge in something. Just be happy it is in the headlamps only.

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
XPLOSV said:
People 'flash' me all the time too, and I only have the Silverstars in my lowbeams.

I flash 'em right back, and they get the idea that maybe I'm NOT driving with my high-beams on. They are usually 1/4 mile past me down the road before I get the results of their retinal scans back from the lab.
I've had the same happen to me too. And with the head/foglight trick, and silverstars - It gets pretty bright out there!!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I get flashed at all the time with just my stock lowbeams on.

THe highbeams on the Ram seem pretty bad. I think I can see more with the lows than I can with the highs, it seems like they must be shining into the sky - they dont light up the road for a good distance ahead.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
watch out.......there is a sheriff around

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.