DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like whatever was holding the plastic on the passenger side front bumper has given way and it is hanging down about 1/2 inch.

Anyone got a clue to secure it?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Yes. Depending on what year you have. Mine's a 99 and I think they started this in 98. If you're talking about the black lateral step trim sliding down the gray piece, this is what to do:
1. Remove the black button on the rear edge of the black piece
2. Pull it up and away an inch and you should see small teeth on the inside of the black piece and outside of the gray one.
3. Realign the black trim by pulling it up to level and interlock the teeth.
4. Go to Napa or wherever and buy two black plastic retainers like the ones you removed and insert them in the holes to lock the black piece in place.
For some reason, the older trucks don't have the "adjustment" feature and you can tell cause the bumpers sagging away from the fender which looks terrible. It seems the gray piece is the one that sags, but I couldn't figure out how since it is secure. But by raising the black trim back to level, it improves the fit. I hope this works for you. It's super simple. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-UPDATE-

On the inside of the gray bumper piece, there are fasteners that hook into the metal bumper. The are sheared off. It finally got to the point that I HAD to fix it.

I got some heavy duty contact adhesive and glued the damn thing on. I had the bumper jacked up for a bit, then I wrapped it with bungie cords for 24hrs to let it dry/harden.

It seems to be holding. I hope I don't have any further updates to post to this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.