Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well....I'll do it this way :ugh

So as many of yall know I have my ram as my toy & my dakota as my dd. My rams future hopefully has a set of big valve heads & mid 11's in it. Its a fun toy to have

Are there any suggestions on anything I should do to my ram? I took off the srt bumper & currently have the chrome bumper. I think its gona stay for now. I just got tired of the srt 10 cover

Attachments

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have been playing w/ the dakota the past 2 days. I took the drop off b/c it rode like crap & I was tired of it. My ram w/ the 5/8 rides fine but the dak w/ the 2/4 rode like poo. So I raised it back up to stock height & while I was @ it I washed it, waxed it, put new shocks on it, changed the oil & trans fluid & filters, cleaned & armoralled under the hood & put new seat covers in it.

Well I have been thinking about doing a 3" body lift & a set of 31" or 32" all terrains on it & maybe a black brush guard. I have never owned a slightly lifted truck & I just want it to have a nice aggresive look but nothing to major. I cant do a suspension lift to it b/c its an 04 & they dont make anything for an 04. I would like to do a 31 or 32" x 10.5 tire in either a 16" tire or get new eagle alloy 15" rims w/ the tires. What do yall think? I know the truck isnt a 4wd but I think it would be a fun project. Here are some pics of the truck & some pics of a 2wd truck w/ the 3" bl & 31's

Attachments

·
slims
1,149 Posts
you gonna do anything to the dakota?

·
slims
1,149 Posts
shit. posted too soon.

·
slims
1,149 Posts
id lift it anyway. just to do it and have the experience.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
id lift it anyway. just to do it and have the experience.
I think I have talked myself into it the past couple of days. I'd like to do a 3" body lift w/ a wheel/tire combo something like this pic & maybe a brush guard, maybe

Attachments

·
slims
1,149 Posts
im not sure about the brush guard but the body lift would look good with some new wheels.IMO

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure about the brush guard but the body lift would look good with some new wheels.IMO
Yea I was thinking the brush guard might not work

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
When I first read you took the drop off the Dakota, the first thing I thought of was a slight lift. I also dont like the grill guard, but I like the look of that brown Dak.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I first read you took the drop off the Dakota, the first thing I thought of was a slight lift. I also dont like the grill guard, but I like the look of that brown Dak.
Yea the drop looked like poo to me. So thats 2 for no brush guard. The color is Garnet Red. I guess the sun made the color look different

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any suggestions on stuff to do to the ram. Cant make this just about the dakota :ugh:ugh....although I'd like to :ugh:ugh

·
slims
1,149 Posts
big valve heads:rck:

·
slims
1,149 Posts
are you using your original tank?

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are you using your original tank?
Gas tank?? If so yes. I'd like to do a fuel cell in the back of the bed but theres no point in it I guess. I dont think I'll ever go that far

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
big valve heads:rck:
bv heads are about it as far as performance goes. I say that now though buuuut.....:D

6 months from now I'll be saying "well ya see, what had happened was". lol

·
slims
1,149 Posts
well it'd cut down on some weight and help you hook if mounted in the back. you could get lil bit bigger cell if you want to go farther distances.

·
11 sec club
6,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it'd cut down on some weight and help you hook if mounted in the back. you could get lil bit bigger cell if you want to go farther distances.
Yea. Maybe 1 day.

As far as hooking goes my 295/45 mt's are done for. I have 2 sets of 17's so I'm thinking about putting a set of dr's on 1 set so I can put them on @ the house & drive tgo the track & just have fun & the get a set of 17" hoosiers for when I want to run some good times

·
slims
1,149 Posts
what you mean good times? you run good time everytime you run.. lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.