DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i booked an appiontment 3 weeks ago to get my molded running boards replaced on warranty, and to get the pcm flash for the transmission done. i called yesterday to confirm the appointment and parts were in as i would have to drive 2.5 hours to the dealership everything was good to go. well i left my town at 5:30am to make my 8:00 appiontment i get there and they say they dont have the parts. i was like wtf. so they say the can get some hot shotted from another dealer 2 hours away if i wait, so i decided to find somewhere to go for the day in this city and its getting to be around 4pm so i call them to see if there done and they say the other dealership didnt have them. i lose it and said no one could call and f$%7n tell me so i didnt wait around all day for nothing. So i go to pick up my truck and ask them if the flash was done they said um no. holy f*7K i said so the only thing that happened from 8am and now 4pm is it got pushed outside. so they say well we will get your parts in asap and you wont need an appiontment just come anytime and well work on it right away. i said i dont have days off to just come down again and get it done after it cost me $70 in fuel to get there. so i talked to the service manager and told him to figure something out to make me happy and call me tommorow as they are supposes to be a 5 star dealership. I am so irate what a waste of my time and money

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
That sucks balls they should pay for the gas too. I know how it is to plan stuff in the only time you have off to find out nothing got done.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
welcome to the club.. buy chance was it chuck pattersons in chico? lol, you are probably not even from california.. but there is a local dodge dealer that is just a bunch of incapable idiots.

·
Banned
524 Posts
I want all the work done, billet grill, wheel liners and mopar fuel door cover, with fuel...LOL

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
That is pretty shitty... I hope you get a call tomorrow with a very good offer.

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
That sucks man, They should at east give you a free oil change and inspection. The dealership that I took my truck to for an oil change (I booked 2 weeks in advance) and they said the latest they could do it was 3:00 pm, so I took the time slot, they called me the day before to remind of the appointment, so I say thanks. I hustled out of work at 2:00 pm to make the appointment the following day and the service advisor tells me that I don't have an appointment, I go what do you mean....I got my confirmation call yesterday. Service advisor tells me that it will have to be next week.....well I lose it, I demanded to see the Service Manager.....he tells me that they can't get the truck in, all service tech are on jobs that will take the rest of the afternoon, the earliest he can get it in for me is the next day.....I told him it wasn't good enough, it wasn't my mistake......I went to the owner and she told them to take my truck in right away........well ....they screwed up the oil change, I check the oil after I paid the bill, it is down 1 and a half litres and I'm going what the h--l...and to add insult to injury, there is oily fingerprints on my door handles in and out, steering wheel, driver's seat and oily footprints on my mat not to mention on the hood, left fender, spilled oil on the valve cover and exhaust. Now I am really steamed.....I pointed all this out to the owner and she tore a strip off the service advisors and the tech that worked on my truck. I ended up getting a refund on my bill and a complete cleaning detail with the owner's profuse apology. So I understand where you are ccming from....

·
Registered
251 Posts
That sucks. I took my truck into to get my leaky pinion seal fixed under warranty. I also dropped all the hints so I could get the TSB trans flash. I even told them I thought there was a TSB for a new flash. I get it back and they said they didn't find anything wrong with the tranny. I asked them if they towed anything. Of course not he says. Well thats when it happens. I just told him to check and see if it there was any new flash. Then he says he doesn't think there are any flashes. So I walk over to the manager and ask him to check. Well what do you know. They pulled it in and flashed it while I had to wait around for another hour.

·
Banned
524 Posts
wow, that really sucks guys, I can't believe what some of you are dealing with...I've never had those problems with my dealers (yet)..I always get taken care of, maybe as not as much as I want, but i'm a demanding @sshole....but I'll always compromise, hey, aim high, and meet in the middle...LOL....now I have 5 good friends at my local dealership, they always hook me up with stuff..

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
Hey atleast you guys are getting what you want and sometimes more.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same thing at my dealership---couple of clueless kids running the service dept.Sales dept is awesome though.My salesman has pushed things through for me.I call and tell him "Bob I'd really like to buy another vehicle from you, but the service dept sucks"---and everything gets taken care of.The trans went bad on the grand caravan at 2k-----*******s had it for 5 weeks,they had to pay for a rental though and after some twisting got them to pay the payment for that month.

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
sucks some balls but you atleast got your money out of it with the payment for the first month.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the service manager at the dealership said he would call me on fri morning to resolve the problem from thurs. and guess what it is now mon night. i dont know if i should even call them or just call dc customer service and let them know about the service i recieved at my five star dealeship. im still pissed and now getting jerked around. what would you guys do??

·
BAMF
1,911 Posts
It's just me...but I'd hit 'em where it hurts. Call DC and report WTF has been going on at this particular "5-star" dealership. It seems to me that they'd lose out on some good perks and stuff if they lose that certification.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Maybe it's just me... but I pissed as I'd be about it all, I'm still the type of person to give them another chance. I'm just not one for confontations until it comes to it and I've just blown my lid and then I go off.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
patriotbluehemi said:
...and to add insult to injury....spilled oil on the valve cover and exhaust. ....
This REALLY kicks me in the nertz!!!! :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: I mean, Have you looked at the oil fill spout on the HEMI engine?!?!?!? You could sling oil in that thing from 10 feet away one teaspoon full at a time and not spill any... Its frick'n HUGE!!! No excuse for that what so ever. Glad Im not the shop manager there...

ANyways... I hoep everything works out for ya.. I cannot STAND being treated like this...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dealerships MIGHT be 5-star, but I hardly find an employee that's worthy...

Try making bad marks on the D/C survey you recieve, I did... it was justified, of course, but the next time I went in for an oil change the service mgr. cornered me and gave me the third degree about how they didn't get a $250.00 bonus they were supposed to get because of my marks on the survey.

The next day my tire exploded on the road. Go figure.

They also told me that once you make bad marks on a survey, you'll never get another one again, at least in my case, this has proven true so far.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
JWPauler said:
Dealerships MIGHT be 5-star, but I hardly find an employee that's worthy...

Try making bad marks on the D/C survey you recieve, I did... it was justified, of course, but the next time I went in for an oil change the service mgr. cornered me and gave me the third degree about how they didn't get a $250.00 bonus they were supposed to get because of my marks on the survey.

The next day my tire exploded on the road. Go figure.

They also told me that once you make bad marks on a survey, you'll never get another one again, at least in my case, this has proven true so far.
In my experience with the CSI (customer satisfaction index) surveys, you only get one for the sales department when you buy your vehicle, and another the first time your vehicle is checked into the Service department, even if only for an oil change.

I don't think they have any control over whether people who answered negatively on one do not receive the other. It's all automated.

If a dealership employee actually told you off because he didn't get his bonus as a result of your survey, that is just beyond unprofessional in my opinion!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Automated or not, they sure knew who I was and what the survey was in reference to :) If I recall correctly it was a survey in reference to my service, it could have been direct from the dealership, I just don't recall.

Agreed though, that was extremely unprofessional, then again, as I explained to her, she wouldn't have to worry about problems like this if the sa's and tech's underneath her would deal with problems professionally, not have an sa tell you one thing and a tech do another (and then give you a smart ass comment when you confront them about it).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.