Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

I currently have a Pioneer AV6500-DVD system and I just purchased the Pioneer AVG-VDP1 Vehicle Dynamics Processor.

Part of the installation says that you have to connect the PINK wire of the pioneer device to the SPEED DETECTION CIRCUIT in the car (I have a Durango 2002 SLT+)

Any ideas where this wire is?

·
Chief Squatting Dog
51 Posts
You need the Speed Sense wire. It is a dynamic wire that tells your cars brain what speed you are traveling so it can adjust your power curve. The wire is located at the PCM. PCMThe Powertrain Control Module is on the passenger fender. It is a white/orange or blue in conn. 2, pin 27 @ PCM. Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the reply... The unit I bought has a bunch of wires that go into different areas, one of them (the PINK wire if you care to know) should be done as follows as per the instruction manual:

"Pink
Used to detect the distance the vehicle travels.
Always connect the vehicle’s speed detection circuit.
Failure to make this connection will increase
errors in GPS locator."

Is that what you have indicated? it should go into Connector 2 - 27 on the PCM?

This is a pic of the unit...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3442/192089326AVG-VDP1.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more piece of Info... Just contacted Pioneer 800 number (extremely helpful people)... the guy told me it should be crimped to the SPEED PULSE WIRE which should be next to the passenger side?

Any ideas Merlin?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.