DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
yes it will fit in your truck. The 06 and up's have the ability to use double din radios. I'm gonna assume that you don't have the factory nav unit so you would have to get a navigation bezel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can a Double Din dvd navigation system fit in an 05 Dodge Ram? I'm assuming that you will have to make some minor modifications, but has anyone done that and do you have pictures?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Yeah, a handful of guys here have done this or something similar. Try a search. A sponsor joefox was working on a double din but it has been pushed back. If you find his thread, you will see pics some guys have posted of their own set ups.

KB

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
:crazy:
AVHemi5256 said:
Can a Double Din dvd navigation system fit in an 05 Dodge Ram? I'm assuming that you will have to make some minor modifications, but has anyone done that and do you have pictures?
heres mine... I wouldnt call them minor modifications to make a double din unit work, but it worked...

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow...that is a lot of work but it looks fantastic. What did you use to mold the new opening? Did you use fiberglass or some other compound?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Rocketmac said:
Look at the pictures of my head unit. It's bigger than the D3 and fit (with some help).

thats a pretty snug fit! nice job on the painting too..

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
AVHemi5256 said:
Wow...that is a lot of work but it looks fantastic. What did you use to mold the new opening? Did you use fiberglass or some other compound?
no fiberglass.. I used duramix 4240 i think it was(not for sure) to glue the faceplate to that dash bezel, then sanded that down and used some body filler, then sanded that down and skim coated it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.