DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...it happened after we had been driving for about 3 minutes (long enough to heat up)

It was light to medium pink and very viscous but had a oily feel to it-not oil for sure

as it sat it appeared to puddle a little mostly from front passenger side of the engine in front of or beside wheel well but because of the spray it had smaller drip areas in various spots

:crying

Any ideas ..my mechanic is trying to tell me it was the coolant and that lid was loose but I know what coolant feels like and it is not like lotion feeling but more like Gatorade....

It is in the shop right now and they want me to pick up tonight so I am hoping someone can give me some ammo to take with me when I go see them tonight

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
transmission and power steering both use pink fluid. coming from passenger side tells me their maybe a trans coolant leak on the hardline from trans to radiator.

·
Registered
455 Posts
IF the 1st gens are similar to the 2nd gens there is an auxiliary coolant circulation pump (electrically operated)that operates when the rear heat is used. It is located on the passenger side of the vehicle just above the bottom of the fender liner. Maybe it sprung a leak and is spraying coolant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.