DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know this may sound dumb to some of you but its functional to me ( remember im 18 so I dont think stright :crazy: ) Im looking to install a dual battery set up on the frame of my truck, hook that up to a power inverter and have an outlet in the bed of my truck so I can power a blender, hot plate and a chocolate fountain.

First question, How do I hook the two batterys together so I get longer battery life, is it positive to negative or negative to positive. ( this will be completely seperate from my truck battery so dont get all technical :D )

Second question How many wats does it take to power a blender? Im getting a 2000 watt power inverter from work so hopefuly thats enough.

Third question, Anybody done this before? Whos done this before and how did it go

Hopefuly Ill get the box all weded up by wednesday and installed thursday.
THanks
Batman

·
Looks Fast! No Hemi!
447 Posts
Batman i love the fact that you are always thinking up something to mess with!!!

Can't help with your questions but.....

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
I like the blender idea (margaritas!). The chocolate fountain is new to me though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You'll need an isolator. The isolator has 3 posts on it. One from your alternator, and 2 larger posts for your positive battery cables, one on each side. When the truck is running, battery will be drawn from the main battery, and both will charge. When the truck is off, the isolator will shut off current drain from your main battery, so you can use anything hooked up to battery # 2. You can find these at any auto parts store.
Some guys prefer to use a continuous use relay, because you can find them at any junkyard, in most ambulances. They do the same job, and they look just like the starter relay on a Ford, but DONT use the starter relay from a Ford, because they're not designed for heavy duty use, and have been known to burn up and start fires. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think all that stuff is a little too crazy. What are you gonna do when your chocolate fountain goes crazy and starts spraying chocolate all over your interior!?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replys.

zman- what else can you do, I dont have the $$$ for the big mods that will make it noticeable so I do my own little mods that make it memorable haha.

Slammed1, thats that what i needed to know, now I wont fry the powerinverter haha

spedly, you are correct, the two batteries will not be connected in any way to the alternator or any other part of the truck. I will charge them at home and It will be like a one time use thing. when the batteries die the fun is over for the night.

Waldershreck, Its all going in the bed of the truck. If the chocolate spills I just rinse it off. No way Im getting food near my suede interior, nobody eats there but me hehe.\

Hopefuly Ill have some pics by wednesday.

Thanks
Batman

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would use the isolator. That way you won't have to worry about charging before/after use. It will always be charged and ready to party and still won't drain your starting battery. Plus if you drain the batts halfway through some chocolate squirting orgy, just start your engine.

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
regans5 said:
Plus if you drain the batts halfway through some chocolate squirting orgy, just start your engine.

:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny I find this thread to be VERY VERY funny...........

805Batman, not to sure how to help. Hope you get it figured out. :thatfunny :D

·
Looks Fast! No Hemi!
447 Posts
Hey batman.....is this mod gonna turn into a chocolate jacuzzi in the bed or something?? LOL

Gonna install a saran wrap bed liner???

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Lets just hope all thats squirting is the chocolate. Anything else and you may need a room.

KB

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
Can't help with the original question (sorry) but please post pics of the girl you are wanting to romp (that has to be the reason for blender AND chocolate fountain) :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Allow me to break it down to the Lowest common denominator....

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ya forgot the inverter between the batteries and the blender, but the wiring is correct. Positive to positive, negative to negative. My wife's food processor is only 350 watts so that 2000 watt inverter will be plenty big enough. Be carefull with what you try to plug in to the inverter because some stuff don't like them. An electric blanket of all things just won't work on one.(at least the new ones with electronic controls) I've run my inverter for better that 24 hours on one battery when we lost power in the winter and the car still started like nothing had even drained it. So two batteries should allow you about 18 straigt hours of mixing margaritas, watching tv and fountaning chocolate all over the back end of your truck with no problems.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LMFAO!!! You guys are too much. It's mostly for tailgating. :party0003 If things get a little freaky then I have no control over that :evillaugh ;)
Batman

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.