DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put together a 5 inch lift on my 98 ram 4x4 and am looking for some sugestions. I think I want to use 5 inch bds coils ($140) and 5 inch bds leafs ($120). I know that i will need shocks and a drop pitman arm but i dont know what kind to get. what else will i need to get everything to work?

Also do rams have lift blocks on them from the factory because it looks like there is already a 3 inch block in the rear, but it doesnt seem like it is lifted that much.

And my last question is do u think it will look bad to have 8 inches of lift (5 susp and 3 body) and 35 inch tires? i dont want to go too big with tires just because i dont want to wear out the suspension.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Youll also need a trac bar drop or aftermarket trac bar, sway bar drops, new upper and lower control arms, brake line drop brackets.

All 4wd 2G 4wd Rams have blocks from the factory. 1500's got a 3" block and 2500/3500's got a 4.5" block

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
i have a used 4" kit settin in the shop, i have to go and look to see if i have all the parts, if you think you want a used kit let me know i'll get all the info on it and let you know.

·
I disgaree...:)
2,032 Posts
RAJ, what are you looking to get for the used kit and what brand is it?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
ok i got the information on the lift, its a super lift 5" lift for 1994-2001 dodge 1500, you could clear 35s on a 12" wide wheel. The kit retails for brand new on 4wheelparts for $1194.99 and i'll sell it for $850 or best offer.

·
2,032 Posts
How "used" is it? Any rust, bushing condition? Do you have the shocks with it? What is their condition? How flexible are you on price, I feel like $850 is way too high.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
I mean no offense, but I wouldnt run that link setup on a Ram. A few people have had issues with it and it doent flex as well as the factory 5 link. Also superlift only used that control arm design on the 1500's and used the 5 link setup on the 2500 models. That should tell you something there.
850 is way high for a used kit, when you can get a complete new skyjacker 5" lift with life time warranty for a tad under a 1000

·
2,032 Posts
Thanks for the info V10. My cousin has this kit on his 2001, it looks really cool, but he has not really tested it out yet. I will stick with what I have for now unless RAJ wants to really come down on price.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Davcruz make me a offer and i'll let you know i'll work with you with this kit, it has less then 4000 miles on it, the kit was used for maybe 2months, the guy didn't go mudding or anything, the truck was a daily driver.

·
Registered
286 Posts
how about $225 for the kit?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.