DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ACE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here goes .. i'm thinking of getting the flomaster y-pipe 2 1/4" dual in and single 3" out with a hooker aero chamber muffler exiting in front of rear tire on passenger side with a dual tip like the srt-10. what do you think? comments, suggestions just let me know thanks. tom

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Go straight pipes dumped!!!!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
sandiegohemi said:
Go straight pipes dumped!!!!
i think hes looking for the srt look.
i have a question tho, how are you gonna get a di/so muffler and use a Y pipe? i guess u meant H or X pipe. thats what i just got, a 70 series with an x pipe, what a difference from the stock piece of crap y pipe. don't srt-10's have the exhaust commin out the back? like this http://trucks.about.com/library/graphics/srt_gallery_8.jpg that's what we just did on my dads truck, i will try to get pictures in the next cupple of days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Haven't heard a hooker muffler before but it sounds like a good idea to me. I wouldn't go straight pipe personally. Especially if your running the stock manifolds. I've never liked the way it sounds. I would go cut-outs before I would do that.

·
ACE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually the tip is more of a slash cut, not straight like that. also the muffler is single in single out. it will go new y-pipe into single in muffler to single out with a tip thats single 3" in dual 3" out. i hope i haven't confused people. tom

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hehe... it is a bit confusing. but i think i understand. it should be real good if u keep it 3 inch all the way. and about the tips, are they comming out the side, infront of the rear wheel? or out the back on the right side like the picture i posted up there?

·
ACE
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it will be in front of the rear wheel. do you think that would be best or should i go straight out the back? tom

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
it all depends on what look u like better. theres not really any difference in performance, maybe it will be quieter if u exit it out the back, at least thats what i noticed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.