Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

If I was to look for the c-clips in our axles where exactly would one look for them. Pictures would be great.

Thanks

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
Arnt the c-clips the clips that hold your U-joints in place?? If this is correct there are 8 of them on ur rear axle, 4 in the front and 4 in the rear.

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Hey all,

If I was to look for the c-clips in our axles where exactly would one look for them. Pictures would be great.

Thanks
Charles - if you are talking about the clutch pack retaining clips in the OEM LSD, then you can see them starting at post #19 of the "Another Broken C Clip Poll "year" " sticky thread at the top of this forum.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charles - if you are talking about the clutch pack retaining clips in the OEM LSD, then you can see them starting at post #19 of the "Another Broken C Clip Poll "year" " sticky thread at the top of this forum.
Yep thats what im looking for thanks guys

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Arnt the c-clips the clips that hold your U-joints in place?? If this is correct there are 8 of them on ur rear axle, 4 in the front and 4 in the rear.

C clips are what hold your rear axle shafts in place. The Dodge 9.25 is a c-clip axle and it has two c clips. If the c clips come out or break the axle shaft will exit the vehicle taking your wheel and brakes with it.

Many people confuse c clips with clutch pack retainer clips for some reason.

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C clips are what hold your rear axle shafts in place. The Dodge 9.25 is a c-clip axle and it has two c clips. If the c clips come out or break the axle shaft will exit the vehicle taking your wheel and brakes with it.

Many people confuse c clips with clutch pack retainer clips for some reason.
Well then...where can i find the Clutch pack retainer clips to make sure they are all in place and good to go? Thanks guys

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Thought I'd show mine just for the hell of it. Still in place at 40k.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
What is the reccomended lube for refill? 03 ram 4wd rear and front diff? I need to change mine, too. nice lookin gears haha

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
What is the reccomended lube for refill? 03 ram 4wd rear and front diff? I need to change mine, too. nice lookin gears haha
FRONT AXLE
C205F - Mopar Gear Lubricant 75W-90 (3.5 pints)

REAR AXLE
9 1/4 - Mopar Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-140 (4.9 pints)

If you have the limitied slip unit you also need 4 oz of limited slip additive, so you would need to add 4 oz less Gear Lubricant so the total comes to 4.9 pints. You can also use Mobil 1, AMSOIL, Royal Purple, etc as long as you use 75W-90 in the front and 75W-140 in the rear. The front does not require synthetic, but it works fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.