DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grille insert to match the stock grille, smoothed and painted door and tailgate handles (still need to do the antenna mount), Mopar lower front valence.

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Looks awesome.

Not to nitpick but why didn't you get the mirrors too?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
lassenloop said:
Looks awesome.

The mirrors will be painted, but they will be painted gloss black to match the rest of the window outline. I think painting them red would look ridiculous. They already scream "look at me" being black. Just imagine if they were red. :D

The antenna mount will be red though.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
lassenloop said:
Looks awesome.

personally im not gonna do my mirros when i do my handles i think they flow with the windows especially since mine are tinted.

EZ4U2CHere

did you paint the handles yourself? if you did any tips?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
xxumattuxx said:
personally im not gonna do my mirros when i do my handles i think they flow with the windows especially since mine are tinted.
EXACTLY!!! ;)

xxumattuxx said:
EZ4U2CHere

did you paint the handles yourself? if you did any tips?
This site HERE is pretty good.

It's very important to use a wax remover/degreaser prior to sanding. Otherwise you're just going to sand that stuff right into the plastic and you'll have problems later.

I smoothed by sanding from 120 grit up to 600, then used a coupld coats of bulldog adhesion promoter, followed by a couple coats of sandable primer. Sanded again w/ 600, followed by several light coats of color, followed by several light coats of clear. I used duplicolor Van, Truck, SUV for everything.

There is a little bit of orange peel, but no worse than what's stock. I'm going to let them cure for a couple weeks then wet sand and polish.

The most time consuming of it all is the sanding. The tailgate handle was easy to sand for some reason. But the door handles were not easy to get smooth. I have no idea why.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nice job! Insert and handles look great. Nice rig! :)

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Hey, do you know the size of the letters of HEMI on your windshield???

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!
TTURedRaider09 said:
Hey, do you know the size of the letters of HEMI on your windshield???
BIG!!! :D
No, I don't know the size. I bought them from Wampa.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Looks pretty smooth!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.