DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a good camera, but here are some pics of the new hood and Street Scene bumper cover. Tell me what you guys think. Does the hood match with the rest of the truck, or do you guys think it looks funny?? A few of my buddies think the hood looks weird.

Attachments

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hemi_outlaw said:
looks good just need the grilles for the scoops they cheap and they really bring out the looks
I am already planning to buy some street scene grille material and custom make some inserts to match my grille and bumper inserts. I have the bumper inserts in my garage, but I wont have those installed for another week or 2.

· A Little Show & No Go
542 Posts
Looks SLICK, I mean literally, w/out handles and with the tail-gate smoothed it looks slick as glass. Lose the factory mirrors and go with some Street Scene mirrors to finish it off.

· A Little Show & No Go
542 Posts
The list never ends does it?

· Registered
2,122 Posts
I think I know what your buddies are seeing/saying. Don't get me wrong I like the truck. What looks sort of off to me is the way the scoops are so high at the back. That style of a hood usually has the scoops flush at the back and then raised at the front. It does look a little strange the way the scoop sections are so high. They are also BIG. Almost too big. They almost look like seperate scoops that have been moulded to a stock hood.

There is a guy here on this site who has a black truck with a similar hood. If I can remember who it is I will post up. Check out his hood and you will see the difference between the way his scoops look like they are part of the hood, and the way they are sized more appropriately/proportioned, compared to the way yours almost look like they sit on top of the hood and are almost too big.

NO OFFENSE MEANT! Sharp truck but I do agree somewhat in that the style of the hood is a bit odd.

· Registered
116 Posts
:confused: Um, I don't mean to be a total dweeb here, but huh, I'm new to the whole shave everything off so it looks like a baby's arse thing.. How in the blue hell do you get in your truck, or open the tail gate.... or do you :secret2:

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Well, I went and looked and the member I was talking about is Blackwolf. Funny though but his hood looks very similar in design to yours but the scoops don't look as big? Maybe it is because his is Black and yours is Silver but it looks different on his truck. I wonder if it is the same mfg or different?

Again, your truck looks cool but for some reason his hood looks better? The scoops on his hood just seemed to be sized betetr to the hood where the ones on yours just seem to sit too high and are too big. I copied one of his pictures to post. Hope he doesn't mind?

Again, no offense meant.

Attachments

· Registered
2,122 Posts
3Z HEMI said:
:confused: Um, I don't mean to be a total dweeb here, but huh, I'm new to the whole shave everything off so it looks like a baby's arse thing.. How in the blue hell do you get in your truck, or open the tail gate.... or do you :secret2:
One way is you use a remote like you would to lock/unlock doors or with an alarm. It pops the door open( well, unhooks it not swing it open ) when you press the button. Not sure what this guy does?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
The hoods are identical, same exact manufacturer. Might be an optical illusion since his truck is all black and also his truck sits about 6 inches higher than matts truck. So you are seeing it from two totally different angles. I think it looks great.

I do think it will look much nicer with the mesh insert in the nostrils though. Also you may wanna have them painted a flat black inside the openings. Would look nicer right now than it being silver. Plus it will give a better appearance with being black behind the mesh inserts of the scoops. Overall, the truck is looking sweet Bro!

KB

· Registered
390 Posts
dude.......it looks good, and very original i wouldnt change a thing....maybe clear rear lights to match the front.....

· Registered
4,186 Posts
KB112 said:
I do think it will look much nicer with the mesh insert in the nostrils though. Also you may wanna have them painted a flat black inside the openings. Would look nicer right now than it being silver. Plus it will give a better appearance with being black behind the mesh inserts of the scoops. Overall, the truck is looking sweet Bro!

KB
:werd:

· Registered
4,012 Posts
NHHEMI said:
Hope he doesn't mind?
He doesn't. ;)

I have to agree the hood looks better in black. But most things do. :evillaugh

I also agree some inserts and closing the hood would help.

Attachments

· Registered
28,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The hood is open for a reason........

The guy who installed my door poppers messed up and they are already not working. The doors were shut and my battery was dead, so I had to get under the truck and pop the hood to charge the battery. I didn't want to close the hood incase I had to jump start the battery again. I got into the truck today, and am dropping it off at my new body shop tomorrow to get the poppers fixed.

And to the guys that mentioned painting the inside of the scoops black...I am planning on doing that as well...Thanks for all the comments guys. Do y'all have any other suggestions for me????

· Vertically-Challenged
15,566 Posts
truck looks really good. I like the shaved door handles and the hood. You dont see it very often and its always nice to see something nice thats rare. I also like the shaved door and tailgate handles. Very smooth!

You going to put the lights in the gap between the tailgate and roll pan or where else you plan on putting your lights? I realy like the clean look.

EDIT: BTW i like the molded in roll pan! Nice subtle touch

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.