DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks sweet!! I like the body flex!! Your truck reminds me of my (daily driven) '92. Any plans to add more doodads? (dual exhaust, brush guard, winch, etc.)

What brand/type are the rims?

I wouldn't mind putting a lift on mine, but w/226,000 miles on 'er, I'm of the mind "don't fix what aint broke"

Looks good!!

Mike

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll drive it like this while I build a SBB for my 76 Buick Century, then I'll take it appart and do the following

Yeah I plan to build front and rear bumpers with tubing, warn winch, and a interior roll cage tied to a boxed frame, 360 MPI crate motor with NV4500 in place of the nv2500 and v6! Axles and front suspension will be coil sprung 78 bronco setup with a heavy duty rear to match. Susp lift over stock of 5" with Duff lift kit in front and custom leafs in rear.

·
Registered
476 Posts
looks great mopar guy

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
That is looking GREAT!!!! Very nice work! Your truck is really coming along nicely!! :rck:

·
Registered
385 Posts
What is hanging in front of your passenger side headlight?

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's my block heater plug, the nights are -15 to -20 already...

I'll be using 16x10" wheels and 33x12.5's when the new axles are under it!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thats what I thought it was.... Damn, that is cold... We still haven't hit much below 30 degrees. Kind of sucks having rain and no snow on the opening day of deer season!

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it is getting colder here everyday, soon it will be -30...

My truck starts no problem and drives awesome on the snow and ice!

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rims are American Eagle eagle alloy 058 pollished 15x8 wheels. They have an offset that makes them stick out a bit on the front and makes 31's tough to fit without a bodylift.

The front t-bars are cranked up and the rear lift is 2.5" blocks, the body lift only took a few hours.

·
Registered
40 Posts
how big is ur body lift any difficulties i would love to do one but i think my engine might come first depeneding

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine is the 2" lift and it looks perfect! The lift was easy but if your truck is auto you'll need to cut the shifter linkage and get 2" extension welded in. Because my truck is manual I didn't need to do that, and I had no other hangups. Did it my self in about 3 hours taking my time and without help (unless you consider beer help hahaha). :rck:

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Mopar Guy said:
Mine is the 2" lift and it looks perfect! The lift was easy but if your truck is auto you'll need to cut the shifter linkage and get 2" extension welded in. Because my truck is manual I didn't need to do that, and I had no other hangups. Did it my self in about 3 hours taking my time and without help (unless you consider beer help hahaha). :rck:
Oh yeah, I had beer help with mine as well!!! :rck: :rck:

Sounds like yours went about the same way mine did, with very few hangups. I had to replace the front brake line going down to the frame from the master cylinder, but that was all.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i got away without replacing the brake line, and as for the shift linkage I chose not to weld on the extension, instead i heated the linkage with a torch and took some of the bend out of it, made it jus that little bit longer to work correctly

·
2wd Dak, 4X4 soon
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now there are several 1st gen Daks on 31's with body lifts!
I need to raise my bumpers...

·
Registered
40 Posts
ill be getting one right away shift linkage to wear like tranny or transfer case???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.