DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many guys have wanted to see what my truck looks like at the track with the new slicks, so I snapped a few for you guys just now. I painted the front stock steel wheels black to match the rears and am running stock 245/70/17's up front. In the rear, I am running black Cragar Soft 8's in a 17x9 wrapped in M&H Racemaster 325/45/17 Drag Radials.I will be going to the track later tonight and it supposed to be low 80's to high 70's just before they shut us down...so I am hoping for a 13.7 tonight. Anyway, here are the pics...

Attachments

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Looks great Matt, have fun and good luck tonight!!!

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
Hemi450.. that looks sweet.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Clark Kent has taken off the glasses and put on the cape...

I really like the way those rear rims look. Makes the truck look serious.

13's baby!!!

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
450, Looks good. What size do you set the tire setting at with the Superchips and will this be your first time to the track with the Edge converter?

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hemidup said:
450, Looks good. What size do you set the tire setting at with the Superchips and will this be your first time to the track with the Edge converter?
I never mess with the size setting on my superchips. I have messed with it before, and for some reason, it always makes my truck feel slower, so I dont mess with it anymore.

As for the converter, I have used it twice, but it was 95* the first time and 90* the 2nd time. First time was at the 1/8th mile track and I ran a best of 8.88 with a 2.00 60' time. 2nd time was at the 1/4 mile track and I ran a best of 13.84 @ 97mph with a 1.95 60' time...1/8th ET was a 8.79 @ 79.xx mph. Its falling off on the big end because of the bad air, so I cant wait for it to cool off. It is suppoed to be low 80's high 70 by the time the track closes topnight, so I am hoping for a 13.7 in tonights air.

·
09 HEMI
5,964 Posts
Hey what happened to the rear lights?
I thought they were smoked. Hey i know you are going to be getting a new cam. Is your 6.1 cam reusable? are u planning to sell it?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
04HEMI24 said:
I thought they were smoked. Hey i know you are going to be getting a new cam. Is your 6.1 cam reusable? are u planning to sell it?
Yea matt... what happened to them? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
28,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
04HEMI24 said:
This guy named Bubba saw me pull into Wal-Mart and beat the crap out of me and only stole the lights...go figure :D

As for the cam, the 6.1 is reusable, but it will be a few months before I even consider the new cam. I want to make sure I pick the right one and do it right the first time, so it will be a litle while before I get rid of the 6.1.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...looks good Matt...I wanna get a second set of tires and want to go 17's....I'll go 17 x 9 rears to accomodate drag slicks...

·
Registered
716 Posts
HEMI450HP said:
This guy named Bubba saw me pull into Wal-Mart and beat the crap out of me and only stole the lights...go figure :D

As for the cam, the 6.1 is reusable, but it will be a few months before I even consider the new cam. I want to make sure I pick the right one and do it right the first time, so it will be a litle while before I get rid of the 6.1.
One might say Bubba stole your tail...

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
At least the guy was nice enough to give you his crappy stockers... lol

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.