DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd show how much snow there is around here after the last snow. The last 7 pictures are taken by some of my parents land out south. We maybe had 5 inches before this last snow. My truck has a 5" lift with 37x12.50/17's. Its really dirty in these pics too, I'll get some better ones later this winter.

The picture with the large sled trailer is our families aluminum dual axle 2003 sled bed. Works pretty well. We go snowmobiling alot together out west. The other picture is with my sled and my 2 place karavan trailer.

Oh ya and my "440" is a 600 that I motorswaped last year for those of you who know snowmobiles.

Attachments

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One last one. :D

That temp is as hot as my truck gets. I don't think its even getting to 180 degrees do you?

I think I should put in a 195 degree one.

What is your input?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
That's exactly where my gauge reads with my 180 stat, and I live in much warmer weather. It looks to be around 175 in your pic but I wouldn't worry about it. With your charger, I'd worry about running too hot and having detonation. If you want to see the gauge a little higher, put some cardboard behind the grille. Works well for me.

That is one sweeeeeeeeeeeeet rig. I miss the snow of the midwest and snowmobiling. That's a cool sleeper '440' you have :) How much was the supercharger and how much mileage do you see?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow I love your truck, Im going to make mine look similar but with a 408 stroker next year.

·
WDE
1,055 Posts
Truck looks awesome, I love the big tires with little lift as possible.

Whats up with the supercharger, thats awesome. What kind of gas mileage do you think you get with it and how long have you had it?

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
nice set up..:tup:

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to look tomorrow at the guages to see what kind they are, my truck is in the garage not by my house.

I bought the truck with the supercharger on it but I have the reciept and it was $6,000 for him to have it put on. I should really photocopy all the recipets he has for it since it was new. I'll have to show you the rediclious amounts of money this guy I bought it from put into it.

I don't know the backspacing, they are Helo Rendgades though. 17x8.

I've had the truck since october, and I get about 10 in town. I havent really taken it out on a full tank on the highway till empty yet.

Oh ya and I got rear ended a couple weeks ago thats why my rear bumper is messed up and exhaust tip are off on the passanger side.

·
Ram Racer
1,584 Posts
Looks real good, the rims/tires make it look like a real beast.
How many psi is that Vortech making? How big is the intercooler?

·
Be Cool!
985 Posts
Love that second picture!

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe the guage reads about 5 when its at full boost. I'm really just trying to make sure I don't run anyone over when I'm kicking it down so I don't look at the boost guage alot, lol.

Thanks for all the comments, I really like it alot too and have been meaning to share these pictures with you guys. I know I kept telling people I would and how many months later theyre up, haha.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Nice setup and thanks for pics Ram. Looks like a good "snowy roader" and still civil as a daily. If you got access to infra red gun, read your thermo housing "tube". In fall/early winter I often use a towel in front of condensor& rad area(for controlled leakage) and/or foot'ish piece of cardboard in front of rad on driver side(hot side). Hope that trans is hanging in there for ya.

·
Registered
334 Posts
nice looking truck!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Nice lookin unit. The view across the hood is pretty cool.

You have way more snow than we do, we have nothing close to that. Your truck runs warmer than mine for sure tho, I can't get any heat.

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the compliments, I really like to hear both positives and negatives too. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

·
I WISH I WAS GREEN
3,273 Posts
I hate you and your truck.....because its not mine. :sad:

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
I remember a guy on here that was looking at buying a truck. If I remember correctly it was a show truck with tons of mods.Is this that truck?

·
Cant see me
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha, I know it took my forever to post pics. I'm really busy with school and work. I go to school full time and work 30 hours a week. But I still find time to get on here!
Thanks for the compliments again guys!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.